wtv metadata used for identification

newt
Firstly great plugin !

I recently batch converted a load of movie rips to wtv so that they'll play with rewind/ff on the kids' xbox ? They play just fine from the default movie strip, but they show up as unidentified in this plugin.

If I manually identify one, and there are a lot, the first hit on the search is usually correct, it remains unidentified. I've restarted the service, rebooted, and, once, deleted the whole cache and made it start
again but still no joy. The .properties file is there with correct data, but I guess that as it's a .wtv file, the metadata, or lack is what wins.

The files also show up as 0 mins so I downloaded and installed 1.7.27 (I think) from another thread with similar issues with missing series recordings. The movies are stored with the following naming convention :-

D:\Movies\The Spiderwick Chronicles (2008)\The Spiderwick Chronicles (2008).wtv

My question is whether the service could identify this file from its path, or only from its metadata ? If the latter, which fields does it use. I'll write something to set them appropriately unless you know of a good batch wtv editor ?

Thanks.

Re: wtv metadata used for identification

newt
In answer to the metadata question, it uses the "Title"  item. Not sure about the year, but I set that too.

Re: wtv metadata used for identification

This is how it is supposed to work for user generated WTV files...

1. First it will check and see if there is enough metadata to use. It checks for title, description, duration, etc.
2. If there isn't enough metadata it will try to identify it from the file name. Your file name seems to work correctly.

Since it isn't pulling it up from the file name I would assume there is enough metadata, but it wasn't working since it said it had a 0 minute duration. As you mentioned, 1.7.27 should identify files that report a 0 duration.

I'm not entirely sure where the problem lies. It seems that with some people there is an issue when there are a whole bunch of unidentified files. If that is the case please do the following.... 1. Move all of the unidentified files out of the watched directory so that Recorded TV HD doesn't see it as unidentified. 2. Move one of the movies back in, like the one you described in your first post and see if it will identify it.

Re: wtv metadata used for identification

newt
Well, it doesn't always like certain characters in the filename or the Title, i haven't figure out which.

e.g. X-Men Orgins: Wolverine

I had to remove the '-' and the ':' from the meta data before it was recognised, and I'd already done the same for the filename.

I don't think it likes more than one '-' in some filenames either, but I haven't a hard and fast rule about that.

After adding a duration to the metadata, all but a page full are recognised by the beta 1.7.19.

Could you let me know how it determines what is "enough metadata" ? I've got a utility to set individual metadata items, so I can fix up a lot of the files at once.

Re: wtv metadata used for identification

MoRBiD MaNGLeR
A colon (:) in the filename always seems to cause issues with identification and sometimes artwork retrieval.  It would be nice if RTVHD attempted identification and artwork retrieval first with them, and if no results are returned, then without them.

MoRBiD