slow performance from xBox 360 extender on wireless bridge

slow performance from xBox 360 extender on wireless bridge

techbri
I mentioned this earlier before in another post but haven't had time to address it since then. I have a 360 in my family room which is connected to a 5GHz wireless bridge that connects to my wireless router. Media Center is able to play live and recorded tv in HD without any issues. In face the Network Performance Monitor shows "full strength" on a bar graph and indicates acceptable network performance. I can navigate TV fine through the recorded TV view however, recordedtvhd is very sluggish. I tried changing the ExtenderBackdropDelay setting to no avail. I disabled the backdrop and poster options so now it's in list view with no graphics at a all and I can navigate pretty well. The issues is that the layout is designed for the artwork so it looks pretty bad without it. Is there anything that can be done to tune the plug-in to make it usable for me?

Thanks!
Brian

Re: slow performance from xBox 360 extender on wireless bridge

I'm currently looking into possible solutions for this, but I probably won't be able to implement any sort of fix in the upcoming release that should be out soon.

I'll let you know if I have a beta for you to try.

Re: slow performance from xBox 360 extender on wireless bridge

I've been working on this and I believe I may have fixed some of the issues you may have been seeing.  I would appreciate it if you tested out the latest beta and let me know how it works for you. Thanks!

Latest beta info and download