recording reruns

Ken62465
I've been using the MC option to record both new&rerun shows but what I've found I do not like about the rerun option is that it will also copy episodes even if I already have them.  Would there be anyway for Recorded TV HD to intercept this and only record a rerun if the episode does not exist?

Re: recording reruns

Ken62465
Hey MJT...any thoughts on this?

Re: recording reruns

I suppose it is possible.... but my day job and other priorities are consuming my time right now. I'll put it on the list of requests.

Thanks.

Re: recording reruns

tjbhoward
I second that this added feature would be awesome. I have to go through series collections and look for duplicates often.

Re: recording reruns

Beaker1024
Maybe a "duplicate" finder tool would be a lot easier?

An outside of MCE7 UI like the old settings UI or the "Watched Status" tool UI.

Just a simple GUI that give you a nice listing / sorting of shows/episodes (drilled down by Show title) and the ability to delete them (even a column with filepath/filename).

Re: recording reruns

mpatnode
+ 1

Re: recording reruns

vance
A slightly different take on the issue would be to not record the same show within the last 30 days. Whether a show is new or a rerun would not matter. The number 30 could be variable, ideally by series.

Another approach if to provide a program on a menu that would delete duplicate recordings. The user would run it on demand. A safeguard would be to have the user confirm each deletion.

All of this can be done in your free time :)

Thanks,
Vance