"Recorded TV" button stops working randomly

"Recorded TV" button stops working randomly

Bear on the job
I'm using the latest stable version of Recorded TV HD (v1.9.5.0) on a Win 7 PC with a Logitech Harmony remote. I want the Recorded TV button to launch RTVHD instead of the default WMC app, and I have RTVHD configured to override the remote button, as well as use the '#' button.

When I start WMC, the Recorded TV and '#' buttons on my remote will launch RTVHD for a while. But then (randomly it seems) both buttons will revert to the default WMC app. This happens pretty quickly, usually after 10 launches of RTVHD. The only way to return functionality is to restart WMC. Any suggestions?

Re: "Recorded TV" button stops working randomly

Bear on the job
No one else has had this problem? Are there any logs or anything I can add to help debug this problem? I'm still in the trial period for my installation, and this is currently a deal breaker.

Re: "Recorded TV" button stops working randomly

TheMayor
First of all, there is a newer version (mind you it's a beta).  Under the Beta forum & the thread is titled "How to get Beta Versions"  That one is 1.9.7.0

Just so I'm clear, are you saying that after a while pressing the recorded show button will bring up the native Recorded TV screen instead of RTVHD?

If so, I own a Harmony 650 & 600 remotes & the only thing I had to do to enable RTVHD for default recorded show screen was clicking on the long button.  I never had to enable the # button.

One thing to try is maybe removing the selection under the "#" option.

That being said, I have seen it where even though I had it RTVHD enabled by default, it would still go to the native recorded tv interface.  What seemed to work for me was disabling it, rebooting, enabling it, reboot again.