"Installation has become corrupted" on first-time install!?

12

"Installation has become corrupted" on first-time install!?

danny6869
Anything I can do to get this installed properly?  I am DYING to try it out!

Re: "Installation has become corrupted" on first-time install!?

Just about to eat out with my family. I can probably help you out in a few hours after the kids go to bed.

Thanks, and sorry about the trouble!

Re: "Installation has become corrupted" on first-time install!?

danny6869
No need to be sorry...I'm a developer myself, so I understand.

Anything you can tell me to help trouble-shoot would be great.

Re: "Installation has become corrupted" on first-time install!?

I just sent you an e-mail with some instructions on how to fix the problem.

Re: "Installation has become corrupted" on first-time install!?

danny6869
Worked perfectly!  The software looks great too.

It would be nice if I was warned that the media center interface might be sluggish until all recorded tv has bees scanned, but other than that it looks very good

Re: "Installation has become corrupted" on first-time install!?

peebee01
got the exact same issue here. Could you post or mail the instructions on how to fix this?

thanks

Re: "Installation has become corrupted" on first-time install!?

Britkat
I am trying to install this to try it out, but I am getting the corrupted installation message as soon as I open the settings application.
Could you post the fix to this so others might be able to fix it themselves if they encounter the problem.

Thanks,

Mark

Re: "Installation has become corrupted" on first-time install!?

Sorry about the issue. I'm sorry I cannot post instructions for everyone. I will send an e-mail to you using the e-mail you set up for the forum with instructions on how to fix the problem.

Re: "Installation has become corrupted" on first-time install!?

vacogroup
I'm having the same issue.  First installation, multiple reboots and I'm still getting the message that the installation has become corrupted.  Please repair or reinstall Recorded TV HD.  I've done the repair and it hasn't helped.

Re: "Installation has become corrupted" on first-time install!?

Sorry about the trouble. I'll be sending instructions shortly to the email address you used to sign up for the forum.

Re: "Installation has become corrupted" on first-time install!?

wbilger
Hi,
Same problem, first time install.
This is being installed on Windows 8.

Re: "Installation has become corrupted" on first-time install!?

You probably already saw it, but I sent you an email on how to fix. Thanks.

Re: "Installation has become corrupted" on first-time install!?

reyes136
Same problem with this on one of my 3 win8 installs. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: "Installation has become corrupted" on first-time install!?

I've emailed you the fix.

Re: "Installation has become corrupted" on first-time install!?

nymkin
I having the same issue with Win 7 x64, installed but won't work in 7MC.

Re: "Installation has become corrupted" on first-time install!?

IT Troll
Me too. First time install on Windows 7 32-bit. So I Google the error, find this thread and that I need to join up to get a fix email.

Not the most encouraging or confidence building starts to a trial I must say.

Re: "Installation has become corrupted" on first-time install!?

IT Troll
Thanks for the quick turn around on the email with the fix. Do you know what causes this? I certainly haven't installed RTVHD before. This could be putting people off before they have even seen it in action and losing you sales!

Now that I am up and running now, my initial impressions are very positive. I do have a couple of small issues but I will raise these in the appropriate threads. The real test of course will be the WAF.

Re: "Installation has become corrupted" on first-time install!?

j30sailor

I'm having a similar install problem on a Windows 8.1 install I've brought out of retirement.

I don't know if this is a new install or not.

Love to see some updates.

Re: "Installation has become corrupted" on first-time install!?

Is it a similar problem or the same problem? Just want to make sure it is the same error message. If it is I'll send you an email.

Re: "Installation has become corrupted" on first-time install!?

doublearon79
Hey I am having the same issue. Could you send me an email?
12