menu Strip version 1.8

mhonard
Im struggling to get the menu strip in the order I want. It  seems no matter what I do genre is first  I want recorded to to be first followed by the guide. The menu strip menu seems to ignore every thing I try. If I recall this was very straight forward in previous versions

Re: menu Strip version 1.8

Just tested and it works fine on my machine. Here is what you can try:

Delete the following files if they exist:
C:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD\CustomRegistration.xml
C:\Program Files\RecordedTVHD\CustomRegistration.xml (x86 if you have a 64bit machine)

If the first directory doesn't exist at all take a look in C:\ProgramData\ for the RecordedTVHD directory.

After deleting those files try to customize the menu strip again.

Let me know if you are still having trouble.

Re: menu Strip version 1.8

mhonard
Still can't customize strip.

In menu setup active Icons are Recorded TV first followed by Guide 2nd.
Inactive are Genre,Fav,Movie,Search etc

Menu strip is Genre, Fav, RecordedTV, Guide, Live TV etc.

Can't seem to get rid of Gener, Fav.  Frustrating

Re: menu Strip version 1.8

I assume you've closed Media Center and opened it back up to check to see if it fixes itself... Not sure what is going on for sure. If needed I can login to your computer remotely and take a look.

SOLVED: menu Strip version 1.8

PureBS
The issue has been fixed!
First to answer your last question, I have removed the extender and added it back several times throughout this process, without it changing the situation in any way.

What fixed it?
1. I deleted/moved all the files in ‘C:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD\’
2. Rebooted
3. ???? (Tried MCE)
4. Profit! (It all worked!)

What would make this easier in the future?
A tool to full remove Recorded TV HD and ALL related files, so that it was easy to do a ‘clean’ install. I had a hunch that the issue was Recorded TV HD because it was remembering many of the settings I had set even after uninstalling it then re-installing. Finally I found where a lot of the settings are kept, and by deleting them, everything is as good as new.

I have all of the ‘old’ files. If you want me to upload any of them, let me know.

Thanks for the help and quick replies.

Re: SOLVED: menu Strip version 1.8

PureBS
Sorry wrong thread...