doesn't work here

micf
installed trial.
started settings.

service stops immediatly after starting it.

in mce cryptic message (dissapears fast, with sql someting error)
after that second messagebox says installation corupted.

german w7 32 bit sp1

Re: doesn't work here

I thought I had non-english problems worked out with the latest version but I must not have.  Create the following directory tree (create any missing folders in the following path) and then try starting the service:

C:\Users\Public\

Re: doesn't work here

micf
Though the displayed name of a gerrman windows is c:\ benutzer\öffentlich the actual system name is c:\user\public.

and there are some hidden folders after the install.
one of those contain links to the recordings.

any logfile to look at?

Re: doesn't work here

micf
The folder c:\ProgramData\RecordedTVHD is missing completely.
ProgramData has no german name (as it's hidden normaly).

No way to upload a screenshot here?

Errormessage says, database can't be opened, so I suspect there should be database in that path.

Re: doesn't work here

Sorry it took me so long to respond...

When you try to start the service it should put some events that you can find in the event viewer under the "Windows\Application" log.  The "source" will be "RecordedTVHDService" and look for the "Information" entry that says "programdata = ...." - Please let me know what that says.  Also look for any errors that look like they have to do with the Recorded TV HD Service.

(And yes you can upload images in the forum if you click on "Insert Image")

Re: doesn't work here

micf
I'm afraid there are no events with that source.
To get you right you are talking of the standard application eventlog.

And here is the errormessage:

Re: doesn't work here

Did you try to start the service in the "Recorded TV HD Settings" program and then check the standard application eventlog you pointed out?

Re: doesn't work here

micf
My fault, I just started RecordedTVHD in MCE.

Starting the service I got 4 entries 2 RecordedTVHD and 2 RecordedTVHDService.
The RecordedTVHDService are Info and the others are Errors.

The infos:
programdata = C:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD\

The Errors:
Der Dienst kann nicht gestartet werden. System.Security.Principal.IdentityNotMappedException: Manche oder alle Identitätsverweise konnten nicht übersetzt werden. bei System.Security.Principal.NTAccount.Translate(IdentityReferenceCollection sourceAccounts, Type targetType, Boolean forceSuccess) bei System.Security.Principal.NTAccount.Translate(Type targetType) bei System.Security.AccessControl.CommonObjectSecurity.ModifyAccess(AccessControlModification modification, AccessRule rule, Boolean& modified) bei System.Security.AccessControl.CommonObjectSecurity.AddAccessRule(AccessRule rule) bei RecordedTVHDService.Service1.OnStart(String[] args) bei System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.ServiceQueuedMainCallback(Object state)

The path RecordedTVHD\ doesn't exist in C:\Users\Public\, though Favorites, Libraries are there.

Creating RecordedTVHD, the service can be started, bringing up an error:

But the service remain running and the MCE Addin works.

Re: doesn't work here

Ok, thank you.  Those error messages help.

To clarify... Does it work now that you created the directory and I should just fix it for others who have the issue, or are you still having problems?

Re: doesn't work here

This should be fixed as of version 1.4.4. Thank you for submitting the bug!

Re: doesn't work here

micf
MJT Software wrote
To clarify... Does it work now that you created the directory and I should just fix it for others who have the issue, or are you still having problems?
After that it works.

I'm a bit disapointed, though.
I expected recorded series would be automatically sorted into series and season, without the need being copied (manually). But actually all the recordings were shown.

In my MCE I have a lot of recordings and sometimes it's hard to find the series within. So I was hoping recordedTV would be the silver bullet, grouping my series recordings, getting the right synopsis from TVDB and adding some nice artwork to it.

From a design point of view, a lot of space is wasted, and the information is glued at the edge.