crash opening "movies" from menu strip

newt
Just updated to 1.8.2 and now when starting Movies from the RecordedTVHD menu strip,

"Error on startup - Provided value was not listed as an option. at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.Choice.set_Chosen(Object value)

at

RecordedTVHD.Application.LoadUpHeaderChoices()"

The Recrded TV works OK, just not the movies.

Re: crash opening "movies" from menu strip

Thank you for reporting. I'll investigate and let you know if I have any questions. Hopefully it is something easy

Re: crash opening "movies" from menu strip

From looking at the code, it looks like this error message will only happen if you don't have any favorites lists. Is that correct in your case?

I've fixed the problem, but if you want to avoid it until I release the next beta release, just add an empty favorites list.

Thanks for letting me know!

Re: crash opening "movies" from menu strip

newt
You are right. I have no favorites lists.

Thanks for the fast turn around.

Cheers !

Re: crash opening "movies" from menu strip

Manny1967
1.8.3 also crashes/freezes when exiting a recorded movie back to the main Recorded TV HD strip via Xbox 360 extenders.

Re: crash opening "movies" from menu strip

Not sure exactly what you mean. I can't seem to reproduce based on what you said. Is it giving an error message?

If it says something about an invalid application please check for an event in the event viewer under Applications and Services -> Media Center ... (the event will be marked as "Information" even though I would think it would be an error)

Re: crash opening "movies" from menu strip

Mickey30306
This post was updated on .
Hi -  I thought you were on vacation!

I to have the same problem when I use my Xbox 360 as my extender - I navigate to the Record TV HD strip and choose the movie section.  I then go into a recorded movie.....I review the movie information or start the movie.  When I hit the back button, I then go back to the movie information section.  At the point when I go back one more step (while leaving the movie information section), the process takes about 5 - 10 seconds to get me back to the menu of my movies listed.

Hope that makes sense.

Plus, on the PC, when I add something as a favorite, I did get an error, that the Record TV HD is not responding and the disable box or OK box pops up in WMC.

Re: crash opening "movies" from menu strip

Manny1967
MJT - There were no error's, except it did note : The Media Center Extender user was abruptly disconnected.

That must have been me, rebooting the Xbox.  Is there anything else I can do to help trouble shoot the problem?