cannot find database

er0ck
new installation gives error that it cannot find database.  verified service is running, but problematic whem trying to stop or restart.

any clue as to why?

win7 pro sp1

Re: cannot find database

Kill the task "RecordedTVHDService.exe" in the task manager.
Try creating a directory here if it doesn't exist: C:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD
Try starting the service again and let me know if you are still having trouble.

Re: cannot find database

er0ck
Thanks for the reply

I don't have that task.  Starting and stopping the service is an issue. I either get error 1061 or cannot start service error. The folders are there, it's missing the database.

Re: cannot find database

Are there any messages in the event viewer when you try to start the service?

Re: cannot find database

er0ck
Unhandled exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. At recordedtvhdservice.service1.onstart(string []args)