XBOX 360 Watched Indication not working

nateu96
This post was updated on .
I use my XBOX as an extender for watching TV through my computer.. I downloaded Recordedtvhd and installed it. Everything worked as it should. I went away and came back after the trial was up and noticed that the watched indication and the percentage watched does not work anymore. I purchased the full version since I found this to be really handy. Now if I watch a show on the XBOX it does not show up with a check mark as watched or tell me how much has been watched. If I go to the computer and play the file it then gets marked as watched and indicates how much of the show has been watched. When I go the XBOX this information is there. Is there any fix for this as this is the main reason I purchased this software.

Re: XBOX 360 Watched Indication not working

I am not sure why the Xbox would behave differently than the main HTPC. First of all what version of Recorded TV HD are you using? It is on the bottom of the main settings screen (get there by arrowing down/up to the wrench icon)

Re: XBOX 360 Watched Indication not working

nateu96
I am using version 1.7.3

Re: XBOX 360 Watched Indication not working

Can you double check and make sure that the option to "Show checkmark indicators that either the episode or all episodes have been watched" is checked in the settings? (Appearance -> Appearance Options)

Re: XBOX 360 Watched Indication not working

nateu96
On the Appearence tab I do not see Appearence Options other than these.

Re: XBOX 360 Watched Indication not working

What I need you to do is when you are on the XBOX go to the wrench icon and then go to Appearance and then Appearance Options there. Those settings can be saved for that "TV" only and may be different than the global settings you showed in your screenshot.

Re: XBOX 360 Watched Indication not working

nateu96
Sorry found this as well.

These are the same as the XBOX. Checked it.

Re: XBOX 360 Watched Indication not working

Just wanted to make sure you saw my previous post... Please go to that location on your Xbox and make sure it is checked there since there is the ability to set these settings per TV. Thanks.

Re: XBOX 360 Watched Indication not working

nateu96
I went to the XBOX and it's settings are the same as the above screen capture.

Re: XBOX 360 Watched Indication not working

Just to recap... everything works as expected on the HTPC, but you are not seeing watched or resume information on the Xbox.

You can try a few things and check after each:

1. Go to "C:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD\database" and right-click on the "bookmarks" directory and go to properties. Go to the "Security" tab and make sure that the "Everyone" group has full control rights.

2. Try to save the Appearance Options screen on the Xbox and choose the option to apply to all. (probably won't change anything)

3. Try to change an option on the Appearance Options screen on the Xbox and apply to all and then go on the HTPC (back out of Recorded TV HD if it is open) and then go to the Appearance Options screen and make sure that settings change worked.

4. Turn off the Xbox, then on the HTPC go to the extenders option in Media Center's settings menu and "Uninstall" the Xbox. You will then have to go in and add the extender again and use the pairing code and everything.

I don't know if any of that will work, but it seems as though there is something strange going on and these are the only things I can think of to fix it right now.

Re: XBOX 360 Watched Indication not working

nateu96
The HTPC works perfectly. The XBOX does show that the show has been watched but only when started by the HTPC. If the show is watched on the XBOX it does not get marked as being watched, if the show is watched on the HTPC the XBOX will show that it is watched. It all worked before the trial was up.

1. Everyone has access

2. Did not change anything.

3. Tried this and the settings were saved to the HTPC.

4. I will try this.

Re: XBOX 360 Watched Indication not working

nateu96
Uninstalling the XBOX as an extender and re-adding worked. I played a show and stopped and it had a check mark indicating it had been watched and what percent. Checked the HTPC and that episode showed it had been watched and the percent.

Thanks for your help.

Re: XBOX 360 Watched Indication not working

Glad that worked!