Windows 8.1 error: Installation has become corrupted...

Windows 8.1 error: Installation has become corrupted...

maademperor
Hi, I have 2 win 7 machines and now one win 8.1 machine (with WMC) and on the 8.1 machine I'm getting an error when opening the settings: 'Installation has become corrupted.  Please repair or reinstall application.'  I get the same message from within WMC.  I thought maybe I needed to give it my product key but I cant even get into to do that (if that is the problem).

Is there a fix for this or am I just hosed on the 8.1 installation with this product?  The thread in the root of the forum is old and unclear as to what to expect with 8.1.  Any help will be much appreciated.

Re: Windows 8.1 error: Installation has become corrupted...

I'll send you an email shortly.

Re: Windows 8.1 error: Installation has become corrupted...

bask0g
thanks for this useful plugin!

i'm having the same issue.  finally updated to 8.1 because i thought all wrinkles were sorted out... i've been in my trial and was planning to purchase this week when trial ran out.  is there a fix for the corrupted install?

Re: Windows 8.1 error: Installation has become corrupted...

The upgrade to Windows 8.1 must break something with the trial. I've sent you an email.

Re: Windows 8.1 error: Installation has become corrupted...

maademperor
Thanks, MJT, the fix in your email got me sorted out, I went ahead and applied my key and all is well now (thats what I get for waiting to apply my whole house key).  Great product you got here, well worth the cost IMO.  Hopefully MS doesnt continue to abandon WMC any more than they have...they should be paying you to integrate this solution OOTB!

Re: Windows 8.1 error: Installation has become corrupted...

sensij

I knew I should have stayed away from 8.1.  I had just started the Recorded TV HD trial earlier today before deciding I would do the 8.1 upgrade too.  I only get a few hours each week on the HTPC when the rest of the family is not watching or recording something.  Now I get the same error as the OP.  I'm leaning towards buying, but would like to try a couple more days first...  is that possible?

Re: Windows 8.1 error: Installation has become corrupted...

I'll send you an email with instructions. Thanks.

Re: Windows 8.1 error: Installation has become corrupted...

bimmerwrkz
hi i am having same problem with windows 8.1 with a purchased rechd sub. it just keeps saying corrupt install again, ive tryed uninstalling and re installing a number of times with no luck any info on this problem would be great thanks

Re: Windows 8.1 error: Installation has become corrupted...

I'll send you and email. Thanks.

Re: Windows 8.1 error: Installation has become corrupted...

muranoone
Hi, unfortunately this has happened to me also on my 8.1 machines. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Windows 8.1 error: Installation has become corrupted...

I've sent you an email. Thanks.