Will comskip generated files work?

danny6869
I currently have dvrmstoolbox, and comskip running, and generating the appropriate (or so I think) xml files, however the commercial skipper in recordedtvhd doesn't selector be able to use them.

Exactly what files are needed?  Just the xml files?
Is there anything special I neex to know when using comskip with recordedtvhd?
Once I get this working, should live tv work ok?  Presuming that I have comskip running on the file I am viewing?

Any help would be appreciated...I have not paid for recordedtvhd yet...just trying to make sure everything will work first.

Re: Will comskip generated files work?

Technically all that is needed is the xml file as well as the option turned on in Recorded TV HD.  The xml file should either be located in a location that DVRMS Toolbox is pointing to or in the same directory as the recording. The content of the xml file should look something like this:

Please confirm that Comskip is outputting the xml file in that format.

Re: Will comskip generated files work?

danny6869
Ok...I feel like such an idiot on soooo many levels.

My basic problem was, when I copied the "donor" version of comskip into the DVRMSToolbox Applications directory, I clobbered the comskip.ini file that was there.  Because I clobbered it, the "output_dvrmstb" was set to 0, and that needs to be 1 to output the XML files.

I would have realized this sooner, but I had some remnant XML files from a previous install of ShowAnalyzer that were hanging around, so I assumed they were fresh from the comskip analysis that was going on.

Grrr!  Very frustrating, but thanks for your help.

Hopefully this posting saves someone else a little pain.

(now...on to LiveTV commercial detection)

Re: Will comskip generated files work?

Glad you got it figured out!

Re: Re: Will comskip generated files work?

danny6869

Good morning,

I have a proposal for you. Please see attached and confirm.

Thanks,

Danny Rego

To unsubscribe from Will comskip generated files work?, click here.
NAML

Rego.doc (123K) Download Attachment

http://recorded-tv-hd-forum.1045789.n5.nabble.com/Will-comskip-generated-files-work-tp5707809p5707813.html