Why is there no backdrop for a "x" series?

Why is there no backdrop for a "x" series?

There are one of a few reasons why there may not be a backdrop for a given series.

1.  The series did not get identified properly by Recorded TV HD.
2.  There is no backdrop artwork provided for that series or movie.

Solution for #1
To check if the series has been identified properly open up the Recorded TV HD Settings program and go to the "Series Override" tab.

Find the series in the list and either double-click it or highlight it and press the "Edit" button.
You will then find a "Search" button on the following window that will help you find the correct "TheTVDBID.com ID."  If the incorrect ID has been selected please correct it and save.  If there is a backdrop for the selected series it should be downloaded automatically within the next couple of minutes.

Solution for #2
You can use your own backdrop if you can find one somewhere.

Open up the Recorded TV HD Settings program and go to the "Series Override" tab.
Find the series in the list and either double-click it or highlight it and press the "Edit" button.
You can override either the backdrop or poster art there.

Re: Why is there no backdrop for a "x" series?

SmoochiesBoss
I can definitely find my series on thetvdb.com but searching for it from within Recorded TV HD doesn't return any results. I even tried searching for the theTVdb.com series ID number with no luck. Any ideas?

Re: Why is there no backdrop for a "x" series?

What is the series name? If it has a "&" in it, you'll have to use the latest beta.... I can't actually remember if that fix is in the latest beta or if it is unreleased at this point.

Re: Why is there no backdrop for a "x" series?

SmoochiesBoss

Re: Why is there no backdrop for a "x" series?

Not sure what is happening for you, but it worked fine when I just tested it.