Where are the SETTINGS Inside WMC

tzr916
Windows 7 HP 32bit SP1. Installed beta v1.9.1 works fine so far. I can run the external settings program but cannot figure out how to change settings like Appearance and Menu Strip from within WMC. I have check marks in Settings > Start Menu & Extras > Extras Library > Recorded Tv HD & Recorded Tv HD Background App. But when I go to Extras > Extras Library there is nothing there for Recorded Tv HD.

Re: Where are the SETTINGS Inside WMC

There is a wrench icon... just use your arrows to go down (or up if you are on the list view) to it. Maybe you can't see it if you have a tv that cuts off the edges of the screen... but you can still select it even if you can't see it (and then fix it in the overscan/underscan settings).

Re: Where are the SETTINGS Inside WMC

tzr916

Re: Where are the SETTINGS Inside WMC

glugglug
When run under the local machine, the wrench is hidden under the VCR type controls when you move the mouse anywhere near there in the default layout.  It is selectable with the keyboard though, or with an extender.

Re: Where are the SETTINGS Inside WMC

6ua885zz3473
It is worse than that. If you have your WMC set up to launch and automatically go to the LIVE TV, there appears to be no way to enter settings in WMC at all!  Using the arrows will bring you down to the LIVETV but never to the settings.

After investing 4 hours researching why I could not get into the settings, I decided to modify my launch command for the WMC so that it would no longer launch directly into LIVETV.  That worked and now I can get into my Recorded TV HD settings.  This is now an inconvenience but without knowing how to get to them, it was a major issue.

... so after 4 hours of frustration, I decided to spend 4 minutes to document it so that it can be fixed in the future and at least communicate the work around until then.

Love the product! Wish the documentation had been a bit better, but outstanding product!