Version 1.8.2 Feedback

TheMayor
Played around with 1.8.2 for a few minutes & noticed that it seemed more responsive when scrolling down the show list & selecting the season.

However if I delete a show, it allows me to move to another show pretty quick, but if I try to select it, the play, delete, menu won't come up for another 10 to 20 seconds.  I would be curious to know what steps RTVHD takes, when a show deletion request takes place.

Also when a show is deleted, the selected header (Episode, date recorded, date aired, etc) is highlighted, instead of previously it highlighted the next episode after the deleted episode.  This would be annoying if there are a bunch of episodes & the one deleted was towards the bottom of the list.

I did have one request.  For the unidentified files list, is there a way to do the following:

1)  Have it build a list every X hours, so when the user selects it, they can either view the last update, or choose to refresh it at that current time.

2)  When correcting multiple unidentified shows, that instead of having to wait until the list rebuilds, can it go back to the list it generated.  This would help, if the user has multiple shows to correct.

I bring up the unidentified request, as it seems to take anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes to show the list of unidentified shows.

The last issue, that I know myself & some others had, was the unidentified list building up of newly recorded shows, where restarting the service (sometimes once a week) would seem to help to slowly clear the backup.

If the same thing happens in this version, is there a way that an optional "automatic service restart" every X days at XX:XX time could be added?

Re: Version 1.8.2 Feedback

Thank you for the feedback.

I honestly have no idea why it is taking that long for you to be able to do something after deleting a show... it is instant for me. The only real process that takes place is the deletion of the file and the removal of the episode from the Recorded TV HD database.

I did have to adjust how the focus was handled between the headers and the list because of the changes I made trying to increase performance. It does go back to the episode after the deleted one for me... almost every time, but I have seen it do what you are describing a couple of times. I'll have to adjust it as it is apparently a timing issue.

I'll have to see what I can do about the unidentified list. You must have a ton of files and must be using network storage for it to take that long!

Re: Version 1.8.2 Feedback

TheMayor
I am using a network share that do have a bunch of shows stored on it.  However If the show from the network share have already been added to the main db, I would think it would not look at those shows when it creates the unidentified list.

Re: Version 1.8.2 Feedback

I actually have to crawl through every file in all watched directories and check if it exists in the database because the goal is to find files that are not in the database.

Re: Version 1.8.2 Feedback

I forgot to mention... The time between when you click on an episode and when it navigates there is a check to see if the file still exists and is "reachable" if it is on a network share. If that is taking a long time right after a delete takes place then maybe your nas or server or whatever doesn't respond quickly while it is deleting a file.

Re: Version 1.8.2 Feedback

TheMayor
I have shows set on the NAS set as read only.  The shows that I delete are on the local drives on the HTPC.

For the highlighted going to the header like I mentioned before, it appears this only happens when on the list view.  I tried a couple of the other views & it highlighted the next episode on the list.