V1.8.3 Hasn't Updated with New Recorded Content for 2 Days

eht

V1.8.3 Hasn't Updated with New Recorded Content for 2 Days

eht
I'm using Beta 1.8.3 on a W7 PC. Everything has been working well until I noticed that Recorded TV HD is not listing any new recorded content for the past two days. I thought the media center PC didn't record the shows until I went to the old Recorded TV and it has all the new shows.

This issue is occurring on the Media Center PC as well as extenders.

I restarted the Media Center PC and it didn't fix it.

Any suggestions?

Re: V1.8.3 Hasn't Updated with New Recorded Content for 2 Days

I've moved this to the beta forum. Please see post linked below and try it out to see if we can figure out why this is happening. Thanks!

Service with Debugging Event Viewer Messages

eht

Re: V1.8.3 Hasn't Updated with New Recorded Content for 2 Days

eht
I uninstalled 1.8.3 and installed 1.8.0 and I still have the same problem, all shows recorded after 2am on Wednesday are not listed.

I don' t have time right now to install the debug logging software and look at a bunch of recorded TV event logs.

eht

Re: V1.8.3 Hasn't Updated with New Recorded Content for 2 Days

eht
I just installed the 1.7.28 and the problem is fixed. All the shows are listed.

There is obviously something wrong with 1.8.x

Re: V1.8.3 Hasn't Updated with New Recorded Content for 2 Days

I forgot to re-enable the scan on start on 1.8.0 but it should do the full scan after about 5 minutes. Did you give it at least that?

For those willing, please install 1.8.3 and the debug version of the service to help me out! I haven't been able to figure this out yet! I've only had it do it to me once and I wasn't able to debug it on my end at the time.

Re: V1.8.3 Hasn't Updated with New Recorded Content for 2 Days

TheMayor
Ok update time again..

First some Misc issues:

when I try searching for "will & grace", RTVHD cannot find the show (even replacing & for "and"), but the show title existing in TvDB.  Also if I try searching for the movie "Avatar", it comes back with "Arithmetric operation resulted in an overflow (Event viewer doesn't show any errors at this time)

Even with restarting the service, it didn't seem to clear the recording list (when I restarted the service a day or two ago), but I did restarted the service again, which did start to clear the backup (I started it after I made notes of the following messages)

For the past 15 hours, the following messages have been constant:

7/26/2013 15:02 Manual ScanAll timer elapsed... scanning all files
7/26/2013 15:01 timerCheckForDuplicates_Elapsed
7/26/2013 14:58 timerArtworkScan_Elapsed
7/26/2013 14:57 Manual ScanAll timer elapsed... scanning all files
7/26/2013 14:52 Manual ScanAll timer elapsed... scanning all files
7/26/2013 14:47 Manual ScanAll timer elapsed... scanning all files
7/26/2013 14:46 timerArtworkScan_Elapsed
7/26/2013 14:42 Manual ScanAll timer elapsed... scanning all files
7/26/2013 14:37 Manual ScanAll timer elapsed... scanning all files
7/26/2013 14:36 timerCheckForDuplicates_Elapsed
7/26/2013 14:34 timerArtworkScan_Elapsed
7/26/2013 14:32 Manual ScanAll timer elapsed... scanning all files
7/26/2013 14:27 Manual ScanAll timer elapsed... scanning all files
7/26/2013 14:22 Manual ScanAll timer elapsed... scanning all files
7/26/2013 14:22 timerArtworkScan_Elapsed
7/26/2013 14:17 Manual ScanAll timer elapsed... scanning all files
7/26/2013 14:12 Manual ScanAll timer elapsed... scanning all files
7/26/2013 14:11 timerCheckForDuplicates_Elapsed
7/26/2013 14:10 timerArtworkScan_Elapsed
7/26/2013 14:07 Manual ScanAll timer elapsed... scanning all files
7/26/2013 14:02 Manual ScanAll timer elapsed... scanning all files
7/26/2013 13:58 timerArtworkScan_Elapsed
7/26/2013 13:57 Manual ScanAll timer elapsed... scanning all files
7/26/2013 13:52 Manual ScanAll timer elapsed... scanning all files
7/26/2013 13:47 Manual ScanAll timer elapsed... scanning all files

Occasionally, in this 15 hr period, I also have the following message:

7/26/2013 12:14 timerCheckForMissingSeriesEvenWhenEpisodeIsThere_Elapsed
7/26/2013 5:34 timerCheckForMissingSeriesEvenWhenEpisodeIsThere_Elapsed

Prior to this, I have the following 2 errors:

7/25/2013 22:58 "Iron Man 2 error - Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Enumerator.MoveNextRare()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Enumerator.MoveNext()
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteParameterCollection.MapParameters(SQLiteStatement activeStatement)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.BuildNextCommand()
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader..ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
   at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
   at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
   at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
   at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet)
   at RecordedTVHDService.Service1.StartArtworkScan(Object e)"

7/25/2013 22:58 "Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.GetStatement(Int32 index)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.Close()
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
   at RecordedTVHDService.Service1.CheckOtherFileAndAddMetadata(String FileLocation, SQLiteConnection sql_con)"

Prior to this a bunch of TV shows are being detected as Movies

7/25/2013 22:58 Reading from cached xml for: 76385
7/25/2013 22:58 iMPACT Wrestling is probably a movie
7/25/2013 22:58 Almost Live! vs.The Northwest Part 2 is probably a movie
7/25/2013 22:58 Zeke and Luther is probably a movie
7/25/2013 22:58 WWE Monday Night RAW is probably a movie
7/25/2013 22:58 WWE Friday Night SmackDown! is probably a movie
7/25/2013 22:58 Washington's Most Wanted is probably a movie
7/25/2013 22:58 True Blood: An Authority on Season 5 is probably a movie
7/25/2013 22:58 Transformers Prime Beast Hunters is probably a movie
7/25/2013 22:58 Totally '80s is probably a movie
7/25/2013 22:58 Getting artwork from: http://thetvdb.com/banners/episodes/76385/192848.jpg
7/25/2013 22:58 Reading from cached xml for: 76385
7/25/2013 22:58 Reading from cached xml for: 76385
7/25/2013 22:58 The Best of the Joy of Painting is probably a movie

Earlier, I show semi constant messages that have the following general context (I replaced the Show title with "Show/Movie Title below):

"The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at RecordedTVHDService.Service1.GetArtwork(String imageUrl, String SaveArtworkPath) - imageUrl = http://d3gtl9l2a4fn1j.cloudfront.net/t/p/original - SaveArtworkPathC:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD\Images\Backdrops\][Show/Movie.jpg"

"Cannot set Connection while a DataReader is active   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.set_Connection(SQLiteConnection value)
   at RecordedTVHDService.Service1.CheckOtherFileAndAddMetadata(String FileLocation, SQLiteConnection sql_con)"

"Trying to create backdrop thumb error: C:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD\Images\Backdrops\][Show/Movie Title.jpgC:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD\Images\Backdrops\][Show/Movie Title.jpg   at System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename, Boolean useEmbeddedColorManagement)
   at RecordedTVHDService.Service1.ResizeBackdropForThumbnail(String imagePath)"

While this isn't an error, I'm constantly seeing:

"Still couldn't find the correct season banner after downloading a new xml for...

Besides that other errors:

7/25/2013 22:54 "Error converting value {null} to type 'System.Int32'. Path 'runtime', line 1, position 447.   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.EnsureType(JsonReader reader, Object value, CultureInfo culture, JsonContract contract, Type targetType)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateValueInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.SetPropertyValue(JsonProperty property, JsonConverter propertyConverter, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerProperty, JsonReader reader, Object target)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateObject(Object newObject, JsonReader reader, JsonObjectContract contract, JsonProperty member, String id)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateObject(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateValueInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(String value, Type type, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value)
   at TMDbLib.Client.TMDbClient.GetMovie(String id, String language, MovieMethods extraMethods)
   at TMDbLib.Client.TMDbClient.GetMovie(Int32 id, MovieMethods extraMethods)
   at RecordedTVHDService.Service1.FindSeriesAndWrite(String MCID, String SeriesName, String EpisodeName, DateTime OriginalAirDate, Boolean Sport, Boolean Movie, String[] CastArray, String TVDBIDoverride, Boolean isOtherFileType, SQLiteConnection sql_con)"

7/23/2013 9:21 "Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.   at Newtonsoft.Json.Utilities.ConvertUtils.Int32Parse(Char[] chars, Int32 start, Int32 length)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseNumber()
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseValue()
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ReadInternal()
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader.ReadAsInt32Internal()
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ReadAsInt32()
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.ReadForType(JsonReader reader, JsonContract contract, Boolean hasConverter)
[...]
   at RecordedTVHDService.Service1.FindMovieOtherFileType(String NameOfMovie, String FileLocation, SQLiteConnection sql_con)"

Re: V1.8.3 Hasn't Updated with New Recorded Content for 2 Days

Thank you for the update. The Will & Grace and the Avatar problem will be fixed in the next release.

I'm not really sure if the data you provided will help me fix the problem or not. I'll see what I can find. I appreciate your help!

Re: V1.8.3 Hasn't Updated with New Recorded Content for 2 Days

Actually several of those errors that you included look to be the same problem as you were seeing when searching for Avatar. So the ones that mention Int32 "should" be cleared up in the next release.
eht

Re: V1.8.3 Hasn't Updated with New Recorded Content for 2 Days

eht
Now I'm having the same issue with Version 1.7.28. It doesn't list any recorded shows after Saturday, July 27th.

Re: V1.8.3 Hasn't Updated with New Recorded Content for 2 Days

Have you tried restarting the service? Did that work? Not sure why this would be happening retroactively. I know some people had the issue before with the older versions, but it would then start to work if they restarted the service.
eht

Re: V1.8.3 Hasn't Updated with New Recorded Content for 2 Days

eht
How do restart the service?

Re: V1.8.3 Hasn't Updated with New Recorded Content for 2 Days

Absolute easiest way is to restart the computer. But if you have recordings going on you can just restart the service by opening up the Recorded TV HD Settings program and stop the service and then start it back up again. You can also restart the Recorded TV HD Service from the Windows services list buried inside the control panel.

Re: V1.8.3 Hasn't Updated with New Recorded Content for 2 Days

TheMayor
Ok since restarting the service, it appears there is a slight backup on "unidentified shows".  What else is interesting is that when I reboot the computer, it doesn't seem to want to do anything afterwards (thus I need to restart the service manually to get it to go.

For example, when I rebooted the computer Sunday Morning:

1:05am - programdata = C:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD
1:07am - Service started successfully
1:07am -

Log Name:      Application
Source:        RecordedTVHDService
Date:          7/28/2013 1:07:01 AM
Event ID:      0
Task Category: None
Level:         Information
Unhandled exception: Call GetConfig() or SetConfig() first   at TMDbLib.Client.TMDbClient.get_Config()
   at RecordedTVHDService.Service1.OnStart(String[] args)
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="RecordedTVHDService" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">0</EventID>
    <Level>4</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <EventRecordID>186384</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>TV-PC</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>Unhandled exception: Call GetConfig() or SetConfig() first   at TMDbLib.Client.TMDbClient.get_Config()
   at RecordedTVHDService.Service1.OnStart(String[] args)</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

I rebooted the computer again late Sunday night, for something different (nothing that RTVHD was doing)

and it shows the same 3 entries as listed above.  However manually restarting the service again, did get it to go.

Re: V1.8.3 Hasn't Updated with New Recorded Content for 2 Days

Has anybody updated to 1.8.4? Are you still having the same problems with the service getting stuck?

Re: V1.8.3 Hasn't Updated with New Recorded Content for 2 Days

TheMayor
I upgraded to 1.8.4 when it was released & I just checked & don't see any new shows added to the unidentified list.

Did any of the previously reported errors help with this?

Re: V1.8.3 Hasn't Updated with New Recorded Content for 2 Days

I'm pretty sure it was the unhandled exception with where it shows ....GetConfig....

Re: V1.8.3 Hasn't Updated with New Recorded Content for 2 Days

mldenison
I installed 1.8.4 yesterday and haven't had any issues yet.
eht

Re: V1.8.3 Hasn't Updated with New Recorded Content for 2 Days

eht
I also installed 1.8.4 and it looks good. It's listing all the shows. It did unexpectedly quit on me once.