Update RecTVHD?? Give us Something NEW!!!

12

Re: Update RecTVHD?? Give us Something NEW!!!

Beaker1024
IT Troll I agree completely.   I have the "Recorded HD TV has stopped/closed, etc..." Messsage box inMCE come up from time to time also.  I also think it has more to do with a new recording being found and you navigating in the GUI.

As for HDD issues.  I use and would suggest (for non-RAID setups) CoveCube's Stablebit Scanner (http://stablebit.com/Scanner)  Keeps tabs on you SMART stats, scheduled scanning of file system integrity and block by block scanning/evaluation.  You can set independant/different # days between each type of scan/check.

Anyways.  Besides RecordedHD TV stopping errors any tiny audio blips (none, 1or2 occasionally) is more likely the channel signal strength as those things seem more channel # related.  Also tuning has been super fast for me.

Re: Update RecTVHD?? Give us Something NEW!!!

muranoone
1000% it has to do with your HDD RecTVHD is not the culprit

I would wake up to that stupid message everyday for months, I also saw Subscription Required message everytime I changed a channel ..I replaced 4 Cable cards 1 Modem I restored my OS Win 8.1 to Win 8 to Win 7 I replaced and hunted drivers for weeks I wanted to sue Ceton InfiniTV (Kidding) you can't count the hours and emails to tech supports to Verizon and Ceton.... I had my whole hose rewired on the outside pole to my cablecard (not kidding) I had a booster put onto the cable downstairs in my basement I asked MJT for help no dice Im sure there were other things I did just cant remember...

I said it can't be my hardware ,  HDD is just 9 mo. old ... And the Win 8 OS monitors it, it will tell me if there is an issue with HDD

I am so happy I figured out the issue MY issue ... that the HDD has to be performing top notch or shit just doesn't work right period.

Re: Update RecTVHD?? Give us Something NEW!!!

IT Troll
It is interesting that you say you woke up to the error everyday. That implies the error was already there. I don't get the error until I try to navigate through the poster view.

It sounds like you other problems with your system above and beyond RTVHD crashing. RTVHD does not interact with your tuner cards in any way, so that was never going to be the cause.

I am certain the issue I am seeing is a bug because I can reproduce it:

1) Have RTVHD in poster view and leave it on screen.
2) Copy a file for a film/show into a monitored folder. This needs to be something that will add a new poster to the screen you already have open (not just add a show to an existing one). I do this over the network.
3) After a few seconds RTVHD will detect the new file and add a poster for it onto the screen you are already on.
4) Navigate left or right to get the error.

If I repeat steps 2 to 4 with RTVHD closed (at the Media Center home screen) I do not get the error.

Re: Update RecTVHD?? Give us Something NEW!!!

muranoone
Poster view in which theme? If you could let me know what settings you made from your initial  install of RecTVHD

Are u watching Live TV at the same time?

are there shows recording at the same time?

are there any other apps that are looking or accessing at this drive at the same time?
(like maybe Defragment Service Schedule, by default on Win7 and Win8 are actively monitoring all your HDD'd)

How are you transferring the file over Network? Local Ethernet? is it a 1Gbs or 100Mbs or 10Mbs  or

Over Wi-Fi? Speed? N AC?  MBs?

Adaptor manufacturer?

Are you navigating while transfer is live, does it complete?

Re: Update RecTVHD?? Give us Something NEW!!!

muranoone
Oh also what SATA controller are u using Intel, ASmedia, Jmicron,?

Re: Update RecTVHD?? Give us Something NEW!!!

IT Troll
I think the theme is just called poster view. It is this one:
http://www.recordedtvhd.com/images/Poster-1-Black-Date-Preview.jpg

I have setup some Favorite lists, configured the Media Center strip and remote control settings.

I am not recording anything at the same time or watching anything. As I said, the poster view has to be on the screen at the time.

File is transferred over 1 Gb Ethernet, adapter is Realtek. RAID controller is Intel RST 12.

Once the transfer is complete the new poster appears. Then I try to navigate left or right I get the crash.

The same can happen if a new TV show is recorded which adds a new poster to the view (whilst the screen is being displayed). However this is more time consuming to reproduce and so copying over a file is easier.

I firmly believe that the navigation position gets messed up by the addition of the new poster whilst the screen is open. When you move the navigation it goes to load the next poster graphic but this has now changed since the screen was first loaded.

The issue can be avoided by not leaving RTVHD sat on this screen.

Re: Update RecTVHD?? Give us Something NEW!!!

Beaker1024
Excellently put IT Troll.

I have the same exact situation.  Use 2 row poster view.  If you are at the main poster view and a new one is added sometimes you get the message that RecordedHDTV has closed and will be returned to main MCE.

Since it's just another click to be back to normal I'm not overly worried about it but if MJT did an official new version for some bug fixes I'd be very grateful.  If not it's still the best way to use MCE for recorded TV.

Re: Update RecTVHD?? Give us Something NEW!!!

IT Troll
Thanks for post Beaker. It is good to hear that I am not the only one seeing this.

Re: Update RecTVHD?? Give us Something NEW!!!

muranoone
So tried to produce that error on my machines and I cannot.

I recorded a new TV show I never did on the Bedroom HTPC, I dropped that new WTV file to my shared Rec.TV folder on my living room HTPC via the "Network" tab in "My Computer"

File took about 120 secs to complete @30Mbs via Wi-Fi 300 Mbs Intel N6205 NIC card to an Intel

AC7206 NIC card connected to an ASUS RT-AC87U 2300Mbs

The Poster view in a Single Row "Black" Like the pic u referred nothing playing in the background
but had just finished watching Better Call Saul so the player was in stop mode.

The image actually showed up instantly on my Living Room HTPC it did not wait for the transfer to complete to populate ..I waited until the transfer completed then tried to navigate and I noticed when I first hit the remote control to navigate the Image does some type of "hop" or 'bounce" don't know why it doe that but it looks like a refresh that RecTVHD performs.

I also repeated this prices with Live TV playing the background & also with a RecTV File playing while the transfer was in progress and no crash.

I am setting up a Wired connection to try it Ethernet ...Let me know if I missed any steps

Re: Update RecTVHD?? Give us Something NEW!!!

IT Troll
Thanks for trying. Those steps sound about right (there is no need to have anything playing at the same time though).

I will experiment some more but I am wondering if it only does it either when you reach a certain quantity of posters or the new poster is added at a certain position; e.g. right next to the current position or perhaps off screen.

Re: Update RecTVHD?? Give us Something NEW!!!

muranoone
Similar results over Ethernet.

Cat 5e cable connected to Intel(R) 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection checked running @ 1Gbps

same ASUS Router

Poster view in RecTVHD Brand New TV recording never recorded before .. transferred over Network,

difference is when the file completed transfer to the Living Room HTPC took about 2 min for the

recording to be populated, after that navigating side to side caused no issues.

I will try different file types I will post back.

Re: Update RecTVHD?? Give us Something NEW!!!

muranoone

Transferred an AVI MKV MP4 & MOV and no issues at all.

Can you check something out... go to settings and Main Menu Header options add all in view

check to see if RecTVHD finds some oddball files, I did that and it found a corrupt image file under unidentified files from an app I used last year that had a hidden folder with some files in it.

This did not show up in the main Unidentified File source in the settings menu.

Re: Update RecTVHD?? Give us Something NEW!!!

muranoone
20 Days of Smooth TV Rec. and Crash Free !! No more Annoying Messages.

Hard Disk Health is the Key to keep MediaCenter and RecTVHD running smoothly!!!

Also a warning to anyone using an ASUS RT-AC87U router, when using this router the 5Ghz Channel
crashes often and ASUS has no Idea how to fix this its a known issue and no one has been able to figure it out.
Why should anyone be concerned when using RecTVHD, look at my first post at the error log.
One of the issues is when RecTVHD tries to download an image from the sources like The TVDB,
and the computer is connected to the 5Ghz Channel it causes a very quick sudden loss of connectivity.

in return there are a errors logged in the event viewer, workaround is use the 2.4Ghz channel or..

place it under your foot and smash it to million pieces or toss this POS in the trash, waste of money.

But I would like to see an Update to this App there has to be some additions that can added, improved.

btw ITTROLL I love the Poster View you mentioned, didn't know what I was missing looks excellent on a 4K TV!
12