Unidentified for all shows on networked machine

Unidentified for all shows on networked machine

indiix2
I'm running RTVHD on 2 machines. In one room (the main media center server) RTVHD has been setup and working fantastically for about 4 months. It brings in both WMC recorded TV shows as well as downloads (in another folder) properly named using Media Center Master using the N-SxxEyy-T format.

Now i setup another media center machine with RTVHD. It pulls all the date off the network using shared paths \\<servername>\<foldername>. It points to the TV shows folder (downloaded ones) and the WMC RecordedTV folder. Note that WMC's TV section will properly play and allow me to delete TV shows. Also i have Media Browser setup for movies and that is successfully allowing me to play and view movies and details. The only thing not working is RTVHD. If you go into the Settings file all the TV Shows and Recordings (several hundred) show up in the Unidentified Files section (the same files that the RTVHD finds just fine on the other machine). However nothing appears in the Series Override or Episode Override section on this new media center (while all the shows appears in these two tabs on the working older media center)

The version RTVHD on the both machines seem the same (taken from the version number of the RecordedTVHDService file is 1.5.4405.22988.

When i open the setting app or start/stop the service i am prompted with a "it appears you are running across a network, please make sure you have the username/password set" (ad-libbed). However it starts and stops the service so it appears it has the right access. Also it finds .wtv and .mkv files, it just lists them in the "unidentified files" section.

Ideas???

Re: Unidentified for all shows on networked machine

The key is the user credentials. You need to input the credentials for the pc that is having the problem.  If you don't have credentials the service can't see them even though the settings program can.

See here for some troubleshooting info.

Re: Unidentified for all shows on networked machine

indiix2
Fantastic. This works. I did have to change the service to use the username password ON THIS MACHINE. I did this yesterday and tried to use the username pass of the MEDIA CENTER original machine, however that didn't work. Then i tried to rename the new machine's user name to the same as the other to see if that would work and that didn't seem to work. Finally i tried the local administrator account and now it's working like a charm!

--
Matt Jones

On Thursday, March 1, 2012 at 2:41 PM, MJT Software [via Recorded TV HD Forum] wrote:

The key is the user credentials. You need to input the credentials for the pc that is having the problem.  If you don't have credentials the service can't see them even though the settings program can.

See here for some troubleshooting info.

http://recorded-tv-hd-forum.1045789.n5.nabble.com/Unidentified-for-all-shows-on-networked-machine-tp5528981p5528989.html
To unsubscribe from Unidentified for all shows on networked machine, click here.
NAML

Re: Unidentified for all shows on networked machine

indiix2
Fantastic. This works. I did have to change the service to use the username password ON THIS MACHINE. I did this yesterday and tried to use the username pass of the original media center machine, however that didn't work. Then i tried to rename the new machine's user name to the same as the other to see if that would work and that didn't seem to work. Finally i tried the original username for the local administrator account and now it's working like a charm!

Thanks for the lightening fast response!