Unidentified files

rowens
Hi,

Still having issues with some files not showing up.  I suspect it is a file naming issue (i removed the hyphen that existed between Five and 0 in the filename, but it still isn't working); can you recommend a way to alter the name so that RTVHD will pick it up?  Here are the file names.

\\OFFICEPC\TVShows\TV Shows\Hawaii Five 0\Season 02\Hawaii Five 0 - S02E13 - Ka Ho'oponopono.mkv
\\OFFICEPC\TVShows\TV Shows\Hawaii Five 0\Season 02\Hawaii Five 0 - S02E14 - Pu’olo.mkv
\\OFFICEPC\TVShows\TV Shows\Hawaii Five 0\Season 02\Hawaii Five 0 - S02E15 - Mai Ka Wa Kahiko.mkv

Thanks!!

Re: Unidentified files

Try this:

\\OFFICEPC\TVShows\TV Shows\Hawaii Five-0\Season 02\Hawaii Five-0 . S02E13 . Ka Ho'oponopono.mkv
\\OFFICEPC\TVShows\TV Shows\Hawaii Five-0\Season 02\Hawaii Five-0 . S02E14 . Pu’olo.mkv
\\OFFICEPC\TVShows\TV Shows\Hawaii Five-0\Season 02\Hawaii Five-0 . S02E15 . Mai Ka Wa Kahiko.mkv

(You can either have spaces or no spaces between the periods and the info)

Re: Unidentified files

rowens
Worked like a charm.  Thanks!!

Re: Unidentified files

John Galt
Please see other post I just posted in bug thread on how to address this in code so that it will work more often.

Also I'm getting a Ton of movies that won't show up for I think the same reason.

Re: Unidentified files

John Galt
More info on movies not showing up.

Eg Tron.

It's in the movies folder and in a subfolder named Tron.  The file name is Tron.mp4.  The settings are set to monitor .mp4 amount all of the rest in your eg which should be the defaultanyhow.  Other mp4 files work so I know that isn't the issue.

I used media center master so there is 100% of the meta data available already so no lookup should be necessary because it should already be known...

This movie is in the unknown items section and I can't get it out of there no matter what I do.

I'd also suggest that you should check for the metadata in various formats and if it already exists don't overwrite and just use what's there.  Turning off the check for functions disables their display even if the data is available.  The two should be separate options.

Re: Unidentified files

John Galt
Just some friendly suggestions from one programmer to another.  I hope I don't offend.

Re: Unidentified files

adsinottawa
I'm having a similar probelm can't get the following file to recognize:
\\HTPC-PC\TV Shows\Tosh.0\Season 04\Tosh.0 - S4E8 - Episode 8.mp4

I tried the new identify feature in the latest release... it will find the episode when search for Tosh.0 but when I hit "enter" to select correct episode, the episode still stays in the identified file list.  Tried service restart, reboot, etc. but file stays unidentified.

Great product by the way - I'm telling everyone I know about it!

Re: Unidentified files

Thanks for letting me know. I see the problem... just need to find the best way to fix it without breaking other file identification.

Re: Unidentified files

This should fix the problem. You won't have to try to identify it again... It should identify it within a few minutes after installing.

http://www.recordedtvhd.com/download/beta/RecordedTVHDSetup-1.6.17.msi

Re: Unidentified files

adsinottawa
Amazing, the update totally worked!  Thanks for the quick reply and fix!

As an additional note, all my MKV movies identify without error, however many moves with the .avi file extension are still not populating.  Examples include:

J:\SD Movies\The Ledge.avi
J:\SD Movies\Trust.avi
J:\SD Movies\True Grit.avi
J:\SD Movies\Babies.avi

I notice when using the new "identify a file" feature the movie title does not autopopulate in the search field.

Many thanks again.

Re: Unidentified files

Either try renaming them to include the year:

The Ledge (2011).avi

Or use the identify feature. I'll have to take a look as to why it isn't auto-populating the search field for movies.

Re: Unidentified files

John Galt
also it fails to match movies or shows with trailing or leading spaces.  it needs to do a trim.  you also might want to do some permutations like & and and (don't forget xml hates & and needs to be encoded as amp;) so that you get things like 'Thomas & Friends" when it may be put in as Thomas and Friends or visa versa with the database you're looking up again.

The spaces hit because of media center master when it can't determine the year for some reason goes and renames but leaves the trailing space and it's a pita go and fix them all by hand.

Works great otherwise! It's coming along nicely!