Unidentified files in 1.7.19 beta...

12

Unidentified files in 1.7.19 beta...

pezboy
Installed 1.7.19 beta 2 days ago and I noticed almost ALL of my previously identified files are now showing up as unidentified, some actual full seasons, and almost all movies. When going into the MC interface to try to fix, the files don't get removed from the list and if the file is a movie I get a message saying the file can't be renamed or edited. I also noticed that just about every new file I've recorded with WMC (all .wtv's) since installing 1.7.19 have come up as unidentified. None of these issues occurred with 1.7.18. What did I do wrong?

Re: Unidentified files in 1.7.19 beta...

Sounds like the service got hung up on something. Try restarting the Recorded TV HD Service or just restart your computer and see if it will clear itself up. If not let me know. Thanks.

Re: Unidentified files in 1.7.19 beta...

pezboy
Thanks for the quick reply. I rebooted the machine and that cleared up the problem I was having with the .wtv's being identified, but unfortunately the other issues still remain. From what I can tell there seems to be no pattern for the files that aren't identified. They are about a 50/50 mix of .avi and .mp4., and about a 50/50 mix of TV series and movies. It also seems that some episodes of a series/season are identified and others aren't (ex: Shameless(US) Season 2 Episodes 1-5 get identified but episodes 6-12 don't. Also Blue's Clues Season 4 identified, but Season 1,2,3,5,6 not identified). When I try to manually identify a movie it goes through the process but never gets identified of removed from the list. I've tried deleting the database and even did an uninstall of previous versions and just installed 1.7.19 with no luck. Thanks again for the great program and the great support.

Re: Unidentified files in 1.7.19 beta...

Please give me some of the file names so I can test them on my end. Thanks.

Re: Unidentified files in 1.7.19 beta...

pezboy
Movies:
E:\Movies_Kids\Dumbo (1941)\Dumbo (1941).mp4
E:\Movies_Kids\Finding Nemo (2003)\Finding Nemo (2003).m4v
E:\Movies_Kids\Happy Feet (2006)\Happy Feet (2006).avi

TV:
F:\Recorded\archive\Shameless (US)\Season 02\Shameless (US) - S02E06 - Can I Have a Mother.wtv
F:\Recorded\archive\True Blood\Season 05\True Blood - S05E01 - Turn! Turn! Turn!.mp4
H:\Kids_TV\Blue's Clues\Season 01\Blue's Clues - S01E01 - Snack Time.avi

This is the basic file/directory structure that I use for Movies/TV. I probably have about 50 movies and 150 TV files currently listed under the 'unidentified files' tab, so obviously manually adding all of these will take alot of work, especially if this happens with each beta upgrade.

Re: Unidentified files in 1.7.19 beta...

All of those file names are working fine for me and I'm still running the same code as 1.7.19.

I'm unsure at this point why it isn't identifying them. Have you used or are you using Media Center Master? Just curious because it first tries to pull the metadata from those files if they are available.

Is anybody else experiencing this?

Re: Unidentified files in 1.7.19 beta...

reluctantflux
I am experiencing this as well.

It started after I reformatted my machine and rebuilt from scratch.  It happens on both MKV and WTV files.  My database was started from scratch, as I did not copy it over.

I noticed I had a lot of unidentified files.  Things that actually were not in TVDB.  So I deleted them, and this helped, as I think it was getting hung up on those files.  But last night, I noticed it wasn't recognizing freshly downloaded mkv files, and some freshly recorded WTV files (The Daily Show and The Office).

I'm not at home, so I can give more exact details later if needed, but it appears that Recorded TV HD is now renaming the files, is this correct? If not, maybe one of my other programs is doing it, and I'm not aware of it.  But it did seem to correlate that the name of my file got renamed after I identified a file within the RTH gui.

Also, not on every file, but on different files, a .properties file is getting created, which I've never seen happen before.

It's a pretty straight forward WM7 build with Sharky's Codec pack. Recorded TV HD. Ceton Companion App, which utilizes YAMM, I think.  (Now that I think of it, maybe that's causing me issues. I'll investigate further into that).

I haven't done any other add-ons yet.  Hopefully won't have to do Media Browser since Recorded TV HD is now working with movies (Which is awesome and a huge thank you for that!). I have not installed Media Center Master yet (also hoping to not have to since RTH has been working so well till now).  My media does still have the Media Center Master files created from my old build.  Only plan on adding Media Center Studio and Media Control (for subtitles, unless you think you can somehow add that functionality.  Oh my god, that would be perfect!).

A bit off topic: I notice a lot of my movies are pulling foreign posters.  Can you enable an option to only pull english posters for movies?

Back on topic:  The program is amazing.  It was working flawlessly until I did a rebuild.  I've been on the Beta channel.  I think I did a rebuild on the day 1.7.18 was released.

A few files that could not be identified:
Z:\TV Shows\Revolution\Season 01\Revolution - s01e05 - Soul Train.mkv
Z:\TV Shows\Alphas\Season 02\Alphas - s02e12 - Need to Know.mkv
Z:\TV Shows\How I Met Your Mother\Season 08\How I Met Your Mother - s08e04 - Who Wants to Be a Godparent.mkv
Z:\TV Shows\Castle (2009)\Season 05\Castle (2009) - s05e04 - Murder, He Wrote.mkv

Re: Unidentified files in 1.7.19 beta...

pezboy
I was using MCM, MediaBrowser, and MediaScout but RTH replaced them all (thank you, BTW). Most of the files that any of those would have generated (series.xml, mymovies.xml, etc.) are still in my collections' folders. I updated MCM yesterday and all the movies that were listed as unidentified are now identified and no longer in the list. Unfortunately, I still have about 100 tv shows unidentified. I agree with reluctantflux, your program is amazing, and until I upgraded to 1.7.19 it was working flawlessly. Is there something in the 1.7.19 code that would rebuild the existing database or cause previously identified files to become unidentified?

Re: Unidentified files in 1.7.19 beta...

Seems as though my code for reading the Media Center Master files for TV shows might be causing problems. Can you possibly delete the hidden "metadata" folder inside the season folder for at least one of the groups of unidentified files you are having? You can then either wait 10 minutes or restart the Recorded TV HD Service and see if it identifies the files from their file names instead of the xml files.

They shouldn't have gone from identified to unidentified unless the computer lost communication with wherever the shows are stored and it thought they were deleted.

I'll take a look at my code when I get the chance.

Thanks.

Re: Unidentified files in 1.7.19 beta...

pezboy
Seems as though the 'metadata' folders were the culprit. I deleted them from their respective Season folders and about 97% of the files in the unidentified list disappeared from the list. Thanks for the help in solving this, hopefully I didn't add too much to your 'coding to-do list' in the process.

Re: Unidentified files in 1.7.19 beta...

Any chance you have one of those folders in your recycle bin? If so I would appreciate it if you would zip it up and send it over to support@recordedtvhd.com. Thanks.

I zipped up one of the metadata folders and sent it your way. Unfortunately I have now also noticed the same problem that reluctantflux reported, none of my new downloaded (.avi, .mp4) or recorded (.wtv) files are showing up in RTH even though they are in one of the watched directories. The folder structure for the downloaded ones is: 'G:\Recorded\Archive\New\filename.ext' and 'G:\Recorded TV\filename.wtv' for the WMC7 recorded ones.

Re: Unidentified files in 1.7.19 beta...

reluctantflux
metadata.rar

I've attached a metadata folder.

Unfortunately, removing the metadata folders did not fix the issue for me.

I guess I should've added that I just started using Sickbeard to download episodes in case my recordings fail.  After download, it renames the file and moves into the directory watched by RTH.  It also creates metadata for the file in whichever format you choose.  I selected MediaBrowser style.  There is also an XBMC style that I have not tried.  But even after removing everything and leaving just the .mkv files (no pictures or xml files or anything else) I'm still having the problem.  I've tried stopping and restarting the service.  I've tried moving the files to an unwatched directory, stopping the service, starting the service, waiting for it to go idle, stopping the service, moving the files back into a watched directory, and starting the service, wait for the service to go idle, and then checked RTH in WMC to no avail.  Restarting did not help.  I've turned off the autocreation of metadata in Sickbeard, so we'll see if any of the new downloads work.

I am using DriveBender for storage pooling, but I've never had an issue with it before.

Here are some current offenders:
All my Parks and Recreation files. Some examples:
Z:\TV Shows\Parks and Recreation\Season 01\Parks and Recreation - s01e06 - Rock Show.mkv
Z:\TV Shows\Parks and Recreation\Season 02\Parks and Recreation - s02e15 - Sweetums.mkv
Z:\TV Shows\Parks and Recreation\Season 04\Parks and Recreation - s04e16 - Sweet Sixteen.mkv

A few others for diversity:
Z:\TV Shows\Modern Family\Season 04\Modern Family - s04e04 - The Butler's Escape.mkv
Z:\TV Shows\Revenge\Season 02\Revenge - s02e01 - Destiny.mkv
Z:\TV Shows\The Voice (US)\Season 03\The Voice (US) - s03e13 - The Battles Continue.mkv
Z:\TV Shows\The Voice (US)\Season 03\The Voice (US) - s03e12 - The Battles Continue.mkv

Besides Revenge, those all look pretty long. Is there a character limit for the filename?

Hope this data helps.  Let me know if you need more.

Re: Unidentified files in 1.7.19 beta...

reluctantflux
I may have been too impatient.  After coming home today, all my files were identified! Woohoo!

Thanks again for an amazing program!

Re: Unidentified files in 1.7.19 beta...

pezboy
It seems I too may have jumped the gun a little bit on reporting the last issue about the new files I record not showing up. I came home from work tonight and everything was identified. Thanks again!

Re: Unidentified files in 1.7.19 beta...

Wilky13
Just recently stumbled upon this program and paid for it right away.  I am having the same problem the gentlemen above experienced.  I have similar setups where I also use Media Browser and I use Media Center Master as my metadata scraper.  I was running the current stable release.  RTH only recognizes less than 20% of my 250+ TV shows (mix of mkv, avi and mp4 files).  The ones it does recognize is a mix of the 3 file types and same for the ones it doesn't.  I closed WMC deleted the hidden metadata folder in each show's season folder, restarted RTH and even rebooted my machine and waited 12+ hours.  It still didn't recognize any of the tv shows.  I upgraded to the newest beta 1.7.19, did all the same and it still doesn't recognize all the rest of the unrecognized files.

All my shows are is the following folder format: D:\TV Shows\[show name]\Season ##\SxxEyy-[episode name].mkv (or avi, mp4).

You can see from the attached image, RTH recognized episode 1,2&13 from Season 6 of Burn Notice but failed to recognize episodes 3-10.  I thought that was weird, so it's not a folder structure problem since it finds some files in some folders and not some files in other folders.

I was hoping deleting the metadata folder like the other posters did would fix this for me, but it did not.  Any ideas?

Also, why does RTH rename the file to \[show name] - SxEy - [episode name] ?  Is there a way to stop this?  It is wreaking havoc on my MB setup!

Again, great program and thanks for any help!

Re: Unidentified files in 1.7.19 beta...

Not by my computer right now....

First RTVHD only renames files if you use the identify feature.

Second... Try taking the 0 out of the season number in the folder. Not 100% sure if that will work but if so I can change it so it identifies if the season number has a 0 in front.

Re: Unidentified files in 1.7.19 beta...

Wilky13
This post was updated on .
Thank you so much.  Taking the proceeding 0 off of the season number fixed the identification problem.

I also noticed it did NOT rename the rest of the episodes in the Burn Notice Season 6 folder.  So are you saying episodes only get renamed when you MANUALLY match them inside the RTH WMC GUI?

I have MCM turned off right now.  If I turn it back on and it creates the metadata folders will this screw up RTH's auto id of episodes?

Re: Unidentified files in 1.7.19 beta...

I've updated the latest alpha version to fix the problem with the 0 in the season number folder.

http://www.recordedtvhd.com/download/alpha/RecordedTVHDSetup.msi

With the version linked to above, I would think that if you use MCM now it should work. If you are willing to test for me please let me know if you have any trouble.

Re: Unidentified files in 1.7.19 beta...

Wilky13
Thanks!  I may be on the road this weekend, but if not I will definitely ceck it out.
12