Unidentified files 1.9.0

mmoreno79
I've recently installed 1.9.0 after uninstalling the version prior to 1.8.0.  I had 1.8.0 but uninstalled it because my shows weren't being identified.

1.9.0 seems to identify shows better but my recently recorded shows aren't being identified.  Older shows (1+ months) are identified correctly (at least it appears that way, haven't check yet because I have 500+ recordings).  All of my recordings are located on a file share on a Windows Server 2012 machine.

I have included the "unidentified" header item the wmc interface so I can see what hasn't been identified and I've noticed that right before the list of shows is shown, a popup appears saying "The Recorded TV HD Service is running but might be stuck if "<recorded show name here>" is a regular recording."

What could be going on?

Thanks for your help.

Re: Unidentified files 1.9.0

Manny1967
I've noticed this as a problem as well.  I had to redo my scheduled recordings and also some of the shows are not being recognized.

Re: Unidentified files 1.9.0

mmoreno79
Anyone have ideas?  Everytime I got to the Unidentified header item, I get that popup.

Re: Unidentified files 1.9.0

Are new shows being identified at all? Is it just certain files, but the rest are being identified?

Re: Unidentified files 1.9.0

mldenison
This may be something else but...

My wife recorded a show from my Ceton Echo extender.

It doesn't show up in the Recorded TV HD menu but does show up in WMC's Recorded TV.

Re: Unidentified files 1.9.0

So from that I'm gathering that other shows are showing up fine... just that one?

Re: Unidentified files 1.9.0

mldenison
Yup, just the one.  We rarely use the Echo to record anything.  I'll try it tomorrow to see if it was just a fluke.

Re: Unidentified files 1.9.0

mldenison
I recorded two shows via the Echo.  They both showed up fine.  False alarm, I guess.