Unidentified Shows that can't find guide data (that does exist)

Unidentified Shows that can't find guide data (that does exist)

pkrohnert
I have 2 separate tv shows, in 2 folders, and they both seem to have the same problem.  They both show up as unidentified shows, and when I try to identify them, the guide data doesn't have episodes newer than sometime in 2013, even though the corresponding pages on thetvdb.com do have current data.

Here's what I'm seeing:
Show:  Last Man Standing (2011)
thetvdb.com Link:  http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=seasonall&id=248834&lid=7
When I try to identify any of my recent files as this show, the most recent episode I see is s02e18 from 2013-03-22.

Show:  Castle (2009)
thetvdb.com Link:  http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=seasonall&id=83462&lid=7
When I try to identify any of my recent files as this show, the most recent episode I see is s05e12 from 2013-01-21.

For both series, the last available date is from early 2013.  I'm guessing there's some corrupt data somewhere on my system?

Thanks,
PK

Re: Unidentified Shows that can't find guide data (that does exist)

You can try deleting the following xml files and try again...

C:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD\xml\248834.xml

and

C:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD\xml\83462.xml

If there isn't a RecordedTVHD folder in the Public folder try looking here: C:\ProgramData (which is hidden by default)

Re: Unidentified Shows that can't find guide data (that does exist)

IT Troll
Thanks. I just hit the same issue with Louie which was not recognising the 2015 Season 5 episodes.
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=155201&seasonid=610285&lid=7

I deleted the XML file and all is good now.
C:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD\xml\155201.xml