I have recently converted all my, recordered tv from .wtv to .mp4 using MCEBuddy.
Three quarters of the files appear perfectly in the Recordedtvhd holder, but one quarter of them do not.
I have checked the Metadata of the files which do appear in the folder and compared it with the metadata with the files that do and there does not appear to be any difference.
I have accessed the setting menu from within the Media center UI but still cannot get them to appear, I am still confused as to why the files are not appearing in Media Center, they do appear in unidentified files section within setting program.
Any suggestions would be most appreciated, as this is the last hurdle preventing me from purchasing the program, although I do continue to have the odd freeze as mentioned in my previous post.
I would first try to restart the Recorded TV HD Service... just to give it a fresh start. Wait a while after the service has started and see if the unidentified list has shrunk at all. If not let me know.
Thankyou for your response, my impression as to why files don't appear in the folder is because of the Metadata, is this correct? I accessed the metadata by right clicking on the file and going to details to compare the data
The unidentified files have been on my computer for over a week now and none have been reconized , my system has been rebooted numerous times due to you popup box freezing my Media Center.
Ok. I must have misunderstood. Currently Recorded TV HD doesn't read metadata from mp4 files. They need to have the proper naming conventions. This can either be done manually or by using the identify feature inside the Media Center interface.
Ah will that is were my problem lies then, do to you recommend a format other that mp4?
I do find it strange the MCEbuddy used the correct naming convention for some of my files and not others.
Do you have any instruction as to how to use the identify function from within the Media Center as to date I have not been successful in using it.
I have now tried the alpha release that you suggestion and the problem with the unidentified files persist.
From what I can see there appears no logic as to why the files are not appearing in the folder.
From what I can see it appear that you are taking some of the .mp4 show details from the information help in file/properties/details, because some of my converted showing are showing the the date they were converted from .wtv to .mp4 as opposed t the data they are shown.
Hope that make sense
Do you have any other suggestions?
It appears I am running into more and more problems.
I am from the Uk and not all my recordings have an episode name, which I feel is causing most of my problems.
Also some of the of my .mp4 files which do appear in the holder are showing there data incorrectly e.g incorrect aired date, it is showing the date it was converted as you say this is the data which you are taking from the metadata and in my case it would of been better taken from the file name lol, so I have multiple file showing the same aired date. It is also showing the incorrect episode length, the show my be 2hrs long but it is showing the episode as 30 mins.
Some of my recordings don't have an episode number so when I try and use the re-identify file option it tries to rename the each file as S0E1, which creates an error of duplicate file.
If your shows do not appear in TheTVDB.com then you will want to keep them as WTV files. The only other option is to create .properties files manually for each file until the possibility of me implementing reading metadata from mp4 files. I haven't tried to grab metadata from mp4 files yet. I would think it wouldn't be too difficult, but who knows.
Yes the example kids show I gave you above is probably not on thetvdb yet.
The other problems I am having, as stated above is if you are converting from wtv to .mp4 the airing date appears as the conversion date so you would need to pull the airing date from the file name.
Finally I am guessing that you are pulling the how long the show is from the database as opposed to the metadata as that information is also appearing incorrect on some shows.
Unfortunitly I guess for the time being I there is no point me using the software, as I was planning on using MCEbuddy to convert all my shows, if that is not possible they may as l all stay as .wtv :(
Please let me know if I can help you in any way in the future.
I'll have to do some testing to see what metadata is available in the mp4 and how easy it is to read it. At least I know now that MCEbuddy writes the correct metadata to the mp4. I'll update this thread if I get it working.