Unidentified Episode Renaming

benicehavefun
This post was updated on .
When RecordedTVHD fails to identify an episode, and it needs to be manually identified through the "Find a Missing or Unidentified File" menu item under settings, the resulting identified episode is renamed.  For example, an episode named "Orphan Black - S01E09 - Unconscious Selection.mp4" would be renamed to "Orphan Black - S1E9 - Unconscious Selection.mp4".  A matching ".properties" file is also created.  This, of course, creates problems with any other matching name files associated with the episode containing metadata, artwork and commercial skipping information.  Is there a way to specify the naming template used by RecordedTVHD?  Or, better yet, a way to prevent the file from being renamed?

Re: Unidentified Episode Renaming

benicehavefun
Still looking for some input on this issue...  Anyone?

Here's another attempt to state the problem:

If I add a show to a folder monitored by RecordedTVHD, and the show isn't identified properly by RTVHD, I'm identifying it manually through the RTVHD Media Center interface.  After I identify the show, RTVHD renames it (in my case it drops the leading zeros from both season and episode number -- S01E01 becomes S1E1, the rest of the filename remains the same).  Since the shows I'm adding already have commercial skipping files and metadata downloaded, those filenames no longer match the episode.

Not great for those of us that use other programs like Plex and/or XBMC in addition to RecordedTVHD.

Any way to specify a renaming template for RTVHD?

RE: Unidentified Episode Renaming

At this point that is how it works... That being said, I've been working on some stuff for a new release and will add it to my to do list. I should be able to change the way it works so it doesn't have to rename the file at all.
Life has gotten really busy though, so don't know when a new release will be available.
Thanks

Still looking for some input on this issue...  Anyone?

Here's another attempt to state the problem:

If I add a show to a folder monitored by RecordedTVHD, and the show isn't identified properly by RTVHD, I'm identifying it manually through the RTVHD Media Center interface.  After I identify the show, RTVHD renames it (in my case it drops the leading zeros from both season and episode number -- S01E01 becomes S1E1, the rest of the filename remains the same).  Since the shows I'm adding already have commercial skipping files and metadata downloaded, those filenames no longer match the episode.

Not great for those of that use other programs like Plex and/or XBMC in addition to RecordedTVHD.

Any way to specify a renaming template for RTVHD?

http://recorded-tv-hd-forum.1045789.n5.nabble.com/Unidentified-Episode-Renaming-tp5708874p5708880.html
To start a new topic under Bugs & Other Issues, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Bugs & Other Issues, click here.
NAML