Unable to launch "Recorded TV HD"

schottjy
I've installed 1.7.9 over my existing 1.7.3 installation, and I'm having some issues when using RecordedTV HD on my extenders (360s). When I select a show from the poster interface and it brings up the more detailed syopsys screen (with option to play/delete, etc). If I then try and go to the favorites tab, I get the following error:

INVALID APPPLICATION
Unable to launch "Recorded TV HD"

I'm going to try and uninstall and go back to 1.7.3 to keep the wife and kids happy today.

Re: Unable to launch "Recorded TV HD"

Good catch... I should have caught that. I've fixed and updated to version 1.7.10 and you can download it here if you'd like:

Latest Beta Info and Download

Re: Unable to launch "Recorded TV HD"

schottjy
Thanks for this and the index update, I'll toss it on today when the machine is idle.

Another random thing, when I downgraded from 1.7.9 to 1.7.3, I was forced to use Windows to uninstall 1.7.9 and then I reinstalled 1.7.3. Prior to uninstalling, I used the settings backup in the control panel.
Upon reinstalling 1.7.3, I did not need to use this backup as it seems my settings were not erased. Is this expected?

Re: Unable to launch "Recorded TV HD"

bibiville
I just bought & installed 1.7.3. When I go to "recorded tv hd" and I scroll through, after a few seconds I get Unable to launch "Recorded TV HD". I have unistalled and reinstalled to make sure everything is fine.
I also tried the beta 1.7.9, same problem.
What else can I check or is there a log file to look at.

Re: Unable to launch "Recorded TV HD"

First, please install the latest alpha version and see if the issue still exists:

http://www.recordedtvhd.com/download/alpha/RecordedTVHDSetup.msi

If you are still having problems, let me know.

Re: Unable to launch "Recorded TV HD"

bibiville
I download and installed the latest alpha. After I unistall what I had. Still the same problem "invalid application unable to launch recorded tv hd".
David

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 12:36 PM, MJT Software [via Recorded TV HD Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
First, please install the latest alpha version and see if the issue still exists:

http://www.recordedtvhd.com/download/alpha/RecordedTVHDSetup.msi

If you are still having problems, let me know.

http://recorded-tv-hd-forum.1045789.n5.nabble.com/Unable-to-launch-Recorded-TV-HD-tp5706912p5707752.html
To unsubscribe from Unable to launch "Recorded TV HD", click here.
NAML

Re: Unable to launch "Recorded TV HD"

Please check the event viewer under the following sections for when you receive the error message(s):

"Applications and Services Logs" -> "Media Center"

or

"Windows Logs" -> "Application"

Re: Unable to launch "Recorded TV HD"

bibiville
Here is what it says under "Applications and Services Logs" -> "Media Center"
Level Date and Time Source Event ID Task Category
Information 1/29/2013 10:10:29 PM ehExtHost 0 None "Exception System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.Template.FastMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] arArgs)
   at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ObjectPath.MethodOperations.Invoke(Object instance, String stPath, Object[] arArgs)
   at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.Template.InvokeMethodService.MethodInvoke(IVirtualPropertyObject vpoHost, ObjectPath ipMethod, ObjectPath ipResult, Object objTransformer, Object objOwner, IList exHandlers)
   at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.Invoke.ApplyWorker(Object args)
   at Microsoft.MediaCenter.Queues.Dispatcher.MainLoop(Queue queue)
   at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.UIDispatcher.MainLoop(Queue queue, LoopCondition condition)
   at MediaCenter.Extensibility.Host.Main(String[] args)
InnerException Microsoft.MediaCenter.AddIn.StateDetectionDisabledException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.

Server stack trace:
   at MediaCenter.Extensibility.ExtensibilityAutomation.EnforceApplicationPermission(String method, Boolean bThrowOnError)
   at MediaCenter.Extensibility.ExtensibilityAutomation.Microsoft.MediaCenter.Hosting.Infrastructure.ITargetThreadInvokeMessageFilter.ProcessMessage(TargetThreadInvokeMBRO obj, IMessage msg)
   at Microsoft.MediaCenter.Hosting.Infrastructure.TargetThreadSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)
   at Microsoft.MediaCenter.Hosting.Infrastructure.SinkHelpers.SyncDispatch(IMessageSink sink, IMethodCallMessage msgMethodCall)
Exception rethrown at [0]:
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
   at Microsoft.MediaCenter.AddIn.AddInHost.get_HostInfo()
   at Microsoft.MediaCenter.MediaCenterEnvironment.get_Capabilities()
   at RecordedTVHD.Application.get_IsExtenderPlain()
   at RecordedTVHD.Application.ChangeBackdrop(String TVDBID, String MCID, String SeriesName)
"
There was nothing under "Windows Logs" -> "Application"

David

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 12:28 PM, MJT Software [via Recorded TV HD Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Please check the event viewer under the following sections for when you receive the error message(s):

"Applications and Services Logs" -> "Media Center"

or

"Windows Logs" -> "Application"

http://recorded-tv-hd-forum.1045789.n5.nabble.com/Unable-to-launch-Recorded-TV-HD-tp5706912p5707754.html
To unsubscribe from Unable to launch "Recorded TV HD", click here.
NAML

Re: Unable to launch "Recorded TV HD"

Is this Windows 8? Is your Recorded TV HD Background Addin crashing too? I saw somebody else have a problem with Windows 8 Media Center with ALL 3rd party addins not working. I think they either uninstalled Media Center and then re-installed it or completely reformatted the machine.

Re: Unable to launch "Recorded TV HD"

bibiville
No this is Windows 7. Recorded TV HD Background Addin is not crashing.

This is what I did. I uninstalled Media Center. Rebooted. Reinstalled. Not change. Since this is a new install of Windows 7 and didn't finish setting it up yet I wipe windows and reinstalled. It now is working.
David Bibicoff
WalkthruPhoto
518-878-1545

http://recorded-tv-hd-forum.1045789.n5.nabble.com/Unable-to-launch-Recorded-TV-HD-tp5706912p5707757.html