Two Requests

fishersman
Hi, Just got started with MCE and this program is really nice. I have version 19. I had an earlier version, but then it asked me if I wanted to upgrade and I let it. I'm glad I did as it added something that I felt was missing and that was the ability to modify scheduled shows from somewhere other than the Guide. You now have a menu option that lets you go in and see what is scheduled and allows you to change it. What I would like is to see that same access from within the recorded tv page. If you click on the "Scheduled" header at the top of the page, all you get is the ability to cancel or add it to favorites. Before, all you could do was add to the favorites. I would like to be able to go to the same place as the menu item takes me. I don't want to have to leave the page. What would be ideal is to be able to click on the scheduled show and it gives you all the stuff off of the guide, plus the ability to modify and/or cancel the recording.

The other thing that I would like to see is "Original AIR Date" added to the synopsis of shows for ALL Themes. Right now it only shows that information for the WMC LIKE theme.

I'm glad that "scheduled" was added as a menu item. It was going to keep me from purchasing. I'm sure I will now. Hopefully, the other stuff can be added in the near future.

Re: Two Requests

Thanks.... For your first request I'm having a really hard time understanding what you are asking for. I'm not sure if you could reword it or give me some more information.

I can probably add a line item for originally aired on the episode info screen. Thanks.

Re: Two Requests

fishersman
I'll try and explain. When I go into my list of recordings and add Scheduled shows to the header and click on it, I get a list of my scheduled shows which is great, but when you click on one of the entrys, all you get is a box that asks if you want to cancel or add it to favorites. In the release I first had, it only asked me to add it to the favorites. What I would like is to have that link work exactly like what you get when you add the MENU item scheduled shows. A box that gives you a synopsis and the ability to modify the show, not just cancel or add to favorites.

I hope I made that clearer. Thanks!

Re: Two Requests

fishersman
I went in there again today and played with it some more. If just the scheduled item is added to the menu, when you select it, you go to the classic WMC scheduled menu. This is great. However, if you also add "scheduled" to the header at the top of Recorded TV and select that, you get the artwork for the new shows and if you select one of the shows, just the box I was telling you about pops up asking if you want to cancel the recording. If you then leave recorded tv hd and go to the scheduled menu page, that will have changed and is just like the one inside Recorded tv hd, artwork and the box. You no longer have access to the WMC schedule page. Remove the header, and the menu item goes back to WMC page. I am not sure if this is what you intended.

Re: Two Requests

Yes that is what I have intended. You can also press the ok button on a remote or the enter key on the keyboard when "scheduled" in the header options is highlighted and it will take you to the standard WMC scheduled recordings screen. If you do not have the scheduled header option visible (or even if you do) there is an option inside the settings main screen (using the wrench button) that will take you there.

Re: Two Requests

fishersman
I knew about the wrench, but not the fact you could just hit OK on the remote. I wrongly assumed you needed to click on a show. Thanks for clearing that up.