TV Series (Specials)

12

TV Series (Specials)

magpowerzip
I am having a lot of trouble getting specials to show up.
Could you please tell me how they have to be named for them to show up in Recorded TV HD.
I have tried the following:

Babylon 5-S0E03-Thirdspace
and
Babylon 5 S0x03 - Thirdspace

Thanks for your time. Later.

magpowerzip

Re: TV Series (Specials)

Found the problem... I'm surprised nobody found this sooner. Must not be too many people trying to identify specials of other file types .  If you are willing to test out a beta please try out this one and let me know.

Latest Beta Info and Download

Re: TV Series (Specials)

magpowerzip
This post was updated on .
That fixed it. Thanks.

I was adding all of the TV series I have to Recorded TV HD, which are located on my server computer running Windows 7 over a gigabit network. When I say all, I mean 155 directories with probably thousands of files. When I start the service, it said "Working" and a green bar runs across the top. It runs for about 10 minutes and then says "Idle", but only a few files have been added. I stop and restart the the service and it does the same thing. About 10 minutes later, a few more files have been added. When I click on unidentified Files" to see how far it got, it says "Please Wait" for about a minute before it updates the list. I have restarted both the HTPC and the server and restarted my gigabit router to try to rule out my network as the problem for this slowdown. All files play fine through the network, so I was wondering if there is a possibility that something in Recorded TV HD is slowing down because I am trying to add so much to it. All these files are in addition to my regular recordings off of the cablecard. The other thing is that while it seems like it is slowing down, eventually the files to get added, but keep stopping, so I have to stop the service and restart it. So, if you could find a way to get the service to keep going until all files have been identified, that would be great. At this rate of stopping the service and restarting it, it will take me a few days to get it done.

Any ideas? I am open to any suggestions. I will beta test any changes you might make? If you think the
problem is on my end, say so? Any help would be appreciated.

I thank you very much for a great program and also the support you give.

Later,
magpowerzip

Re: TV Series (Specials)

Just let it go by itself for a few hours it should eventually go through all of the files.

Re: TV Series (Specials)

magpowerzip
Are you saying that it stops scanning the files and sits "idle" for a while then starts "working" again?
If so, why not make it go through all the files at one time and be done with them?

I was under the impression that sitting "idle" meant it was done, and when I see a lot of files still
unidentified that I know are on thetvdb.com, I assumed there was a problem. There isn't???

Thanks again for your help.

Later,
magpowerzip

Re: TV Series (Specials)

Yes it will start working again. Just be patient and go do something else for a while :)

Re: TV Series (Specials)

TheMayor
There have been times, where it appears to update immediately & other times where it didn't show updates until the next morning.

I would be curious on what the main reason for it "taking a break", unless it's waiting for when it's not really recording anything.

Just speculating..

magpowerzip wrote
Are you saying that it stops scanning the files and sits "idle" for a while then starts "working" again?
If so, why not make it go through all the files at one time and be done with them?

I was under the impression that sitting "idle" meant it was done, and when I see a lot of files still
unidentified that I know are on thetvdb.com, I assumed there was a problem. There isn't???

Thanks again for your help.

Later,
magpowerzip

Re: TV Series (Specials)

magpowerzip
It is about 14 hours later and nothing is getting updated, so I don't know what's going on.
Maybe I am trying to do too much with Recorded TV HD over the network?

magpowerzip

Re: TV Series (Specials)

Not sure why. It "should" work. I guess restart the service and see if more show up.

Re: TV Series (Specials)

magpowerzip
It working okay now, except for one series, the original V series from 1984. It just won't
grab the data for it. I have tried the following:

V 1x01 - Episode 01
and
V (1984) 1x01 - Episode 01

The remake series from 2009 works fine and I called it V (2009), so I am not sure what to do with it?

Any ideals? Thanks. Later.

magpowerzip

Re: TV Series (Specials)

Try putting a hyphen "-" in between "V" and "1x01"

Re: TV Series (Specials)

magpowerzip
Everything is identified now, but the service in not updating as new stuff gets recorded.
I can stop the service and restart it and it will update everything. I was curious if having so much
stuff running over the network has stopped it from auto-updating? Any ideals?

Thanks. Later.
magpowerzip

Re: TV Series (Specials)

I'll be looking into this. From what I've heard this problem seems to only happens very infrequently for randomly for people, but it sounds like it may be consistent for you. Please monitor it for me and let me know if it is always a problem or randomly or what. I'll let you know if I have any ideas or anything for you to try. Thanks.

Re: TV Series (Specials)

MoRBiD MaNGLeR
I experience this issue a few times every week.  I noticed it the most during the regular TV season with "Survivor: One World".  I always had to stop and restart the service on Thursdays because the show never got picked up by the service.  Is it possible that the colon in the title has anything to do with it?

MoRBiD

Re: TV Series (Specials)

magpowerzip
I have had it happen every day this week. I just stop and restart the service.

Re: TV Series (Specials)

Does your "server" that stores all the content always stay on or does it go to sleep? Currently, if I am checking if a file exists and it is a network location that it can't locate, it takes forever before it times out. It is possible that the service is getting bogged down checking for the existence of files. I now know how to set a shorter timeout period... just curious if this may be part of the issue.

Re: TV Series (Specials)

magpowerzip
The server stays on all the time, but the hard drives are set to spin down if they are not used for more than 30 minutes. No need for them to run all the time if I am not actually playing a file that is stored on them. When I click on the network drive, it will take about 10 sec for the drives to spin back up and become readable by the raid card they are attached to. After that Windows reads everything on them without trouble. I am not sure if that could be the source of the trouble or not, but the service updated quickly and without trouble before I added the network shares. The only way around it would be to store everything on one computer, but in order to do that I would need to rebuild the arrays using bigger drives, but since 3TB hard drives are still expensive, that not an option i can go with at this time.

If you have any ideals, suggestions, etc, please feel free to share. I am willing to try different settings if you can think of something.

Thanks again for your help.

Later,
magpowerzip

Re: TV Series (Specials)

FYI... still not sure why you have to restart the service when you have the network shares in your watch list. I may have a couple of hidden options for you to try in an upcoming release.

Re: TV Series (Specials)

MoRBiD MaNGLeR
I finally added a simple batch file to automatically stop and restart the service, and it's called with a repeating Scheduled Task.  So far, newly-recorded shows are appearing in the Date Recorded view just fine.

MoRBiD

Re: TV Series (Specials)

magpowerzip
Could you send me a copy of that batch file and tell me how to implement it the same as you have?

Thanks. Later.

magpowerzip

12