Support for other file types

First enable other file types in the settings program:

Naming Conventions:
(Optional Episode Title helps to identify the correct series if there is more than one series in the search results.)

  • Battlestar.Galactica.S01E04.Optional.Episode.Title.Or.Could.be.blank.or.ignorable.text.avi (will only find the correct series with an episode title because there is more than one "Battlestar Galactica" in thetvdb.... You can go into the series override and fix it afterwards as well).
  • Battlestar Galactica.S01E04.Optional Episode Title or could be blank or ingorable text.avi
  • Battlestar Galactica - S01E004 - Act of Contrition.avi (Amazon VOD naming convention)
  • Battlestar Galactica - Act of Contrition.avi
  • ID=73545.S01E04.avi (ID=TheTVDB.com Show ID)
Troubleshooting:
If an episode does not show up in the list first check to see if the series was found. You can check the "Series Override" tab and look for the series. (Make sure you don't have any series hidden.) If the series was added, double-check to see if it was properly identified by clicking on the "Edit" button or double-clicking on the series.

If the series was not added you might have to rename your file to match the series name that is at thetvdb.com. You could also find the Show ID on thetvdb.com and name it using the last example above. Once the series is correctly if the episode still isn't showing up in the list make sure that the series and episode numbers match up correctly with thetvdb.com.

Re: Support for other file types

thepackfan
I Have and episode that i tried as avi and mkv neither show in list. I changed name to ID=82438.S04E08.avi
It doesnt show I originally had it listed as Flashpoint.s04e08.mkv, also didn't show. Any Thoughts

Re: Support for other file types

Huh... I tested both of those filenames on my system and it worked properly. First of all double-check that those filetypes are listed in the settings program like the example below it. Are other files properly identified?

Re: Support for other file types

thepackfan
I'm not sure what you mean in the settings program? this is a step I probably missed.

Re: Support for other file types

I guess I should have pointed that out .  I've updated the first post with a screenshot.

Re: Support for other file types

thepackfan
Thanks for your help.
 Im making Progress But still problems with some files'

My File Types are
.mkv|.avi|.wtv

Some files that work are;
Doctor.Who.2005.s06e11.The.God.Complex.720p.HDTV.x264-FoV.mkv
doctor who 2005.s06e10.the_girl_who_waited.720p_hdtv_x264-fov.mkv
Haven.S02E07.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv
HeartLand - S02E10.avi

But I cant gt these to be recognized
flashpoint.S04E08.mkv
Flashpoint.S04E09.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv
ID=82438.S04E08.mkv
The.Closer.S07E08.wtv

Any thoughts I've tried them in separate folders or combined in folders with working files.

Re: Support for other file types

The Closer wtv file pulls the metadata from the wtv file itself... You can go into the properties of the wtv file, move it out of a watched directory and then move it back in and it should update the metadata.

Not really sure exactly what is going on with Flashpoint... You might want to double-check in the "Series Override" tab of the settings program and see if there is an entry for Flashpoint.  I've tested all of the file names you gave me for Flashpoint and they all work for me so I'm not really sure what the problem is.  If you are still having trouble send an e-mail to support@recordedtvhd.com and we'll see if we can get it sorted out.

Re: Support for other file types

IT Troll
What are the supported naming conventions for movies which are not WTV files?

I searched the forum and found a few people who have each movie in a separate folder. But is it possible just to throw them all in single folder and have RTVHD correctly identify them?

Re: Support for other file types

Yes, if you have them all in one folder it should identify them properly as long as it is named with "Movie Name.mp4" or "Movie Name (2014).mp4" (where 2014 is the year the movie was released)

Re: Support for other file types

IT Troll
Thanks that is working well. I think you should make more of this feature on the product website. It is not immediately obviously that RTVHD has the potential to be an all-in-one solution for all your TV and movie media.