Some movies no longer being identified

12

Re: Some movies no longer being identified

IT Troll
Check the INI file for any override entries. Delete any .properties files. Ensure the files are named with the correct title and year to match the listing on https://www.themoviedb.org

Re: Some movies no longer being identified

manchild
Thanks.  Removing the .properties files did it, but what causes that?  I haven't had any suddenly go bad since deleting the settings folder and starting over.

Re: Some movies no longer being identified

IT Troll
I am not sure exactly, but I suspect there is a mismatch between the local override settings and the online database. The trouble is locally there are the .properties files, and INI file and the SQLite database which all interact/conflict with each other.

I suspect only the developer truly understands the process but he is quietly ignoring this thread/issue...

Re: Some movies no longer being identified

IT Troll
Yet another one.

Grazing the Sky (2013) - Once again this was one which initially wasn't in the online database but was added in the following days. Using the GUI I could identify the movie but it still remained unidentified. Using the GUI to clear the data held doesn't help , it still remains unidentified.

So same sequence again. Disable the service, delete the entry from the Unidentified table, move the file out of the folder, enable the service, move the file back into the folder. Bang! Instantly recognised.

Definitely a bug. Clear data should not leave the entry in the Unidentified table. Or there should be a GUI option for clearing down the Unidentified table. I've noticed that files stay in this table even after they have been moved or deleted.

Re: Some movies no longer being identified

Ckur6

Re: Some movies no longer being identified

Ckur6
Where is the INI file? I'd like to attempt the .properties trick.

Re: Some movies no longer being identified

IT Troll
C:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD\GlobalSettings.ini

This can contain overrides entries in addition to those in the .properties files.

Re: Some movies no longer being identified

Ckur6
Thanks, I don't see any override files but every series and movie are in the override tab. There are no .properties files.....are you getting anything like this in the debug file:

4/3/2016 8:28:24 PM - Attempted to tell the service to scan now, but it would not connect to the pipe.
4/3/2016 9:02:27 PM - Attempted to tell the service to scan now, but it would not connect to the pipe.
4/3/2016 9:54:24 PM - Connection was closed, statement was terminated   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.CheckClosed()
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection.Open()
   at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.QuietOpen(IDbConnection connection, ConnectionState& originalState)
   at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
   at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
   at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet)
   at RecordedTVHD.Application.FillSeriesList(Object obj)

Re: Some movies no longer being identified

IT Troll
Yet again. This time with Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice 2016. Using the GUI I could identify the movie but it still remained unidentified.

So as I have had to do before. Disable the service, delete the entry from the Unidentified table in SQL, move the file out of the folder, enable the service, move the file back into the folder. Then instantly recognised.

The Unidentified table contained 160 entries. Mostly files which have been subsequently deleted, renamed or moved. The Unidentified table never forgets. The Settings program really needs a "Clear All" button. But I suspect there is little chance this bug will be addressed.

Re: Some movies no longer being identified

IT Troll
Oh what joy, another one.

This time; Victoria (2015). Previously recognised fine for several months. Had to remove from INI file and SQL database as usual to force reindetification.

I dream of a fix.
12