Some movies no longer being identified

12

Some movies no longer being identified

n3v3r
Never had a problem with my movies being identified until now.  I have about twenty movies that quit showing up, and reverted to the unidentified tab.  I have tried identifying them through the recorded tv hd settings in media center and selecting the correct one to no avail. Here is how I have my movies titled The Avengers (2012).mkv

Re: Some movies no longer being identified

Have you tried restarting the service/computer?

Re: Some movies no longer being identified

n3v3r
Restarted my PC and recordedtv HD service several times with no luck already.

Re: Some movies no longer being identified

OK. I just tested with that file name on my computer and it worked fine... so it isn't something with The Movie Database API. Not exactly sure where to go next. Are there any errors in the event viewer?

You could stop the service, rename the database at C:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD\database\RecordedTVHDdb.s3db and start the service back up.

You will lose all your favorites and special edits if you do that though. That's why you should rename it and then switch it back if it still doesn't work.

Re: Some movies no longer being identified

n3v3r
I deleted the database file, restarted and let it create a new one & that seemed to fix it.

Re: Some movies no longer being identified

p3ngwin
This post was updated on .
i have a problem with a lot of "stand-up" comedy being put in the movies genre, yet when i go into settings to sort out the issue, the comedy media doesn't show up in the list of movies.

the comedy is all identified with posters and synopsis, etc correctly....just in the wrong genre :(

Any idea how to change the genre so i can have the stand up comedy files in the "comedy" genre, as i have for the rest of my comedy media ?

i read above about deleting the database, where might i find that file to try it ?

Re: Some movies no longer being identified

MoRBiD MaNGLeR
Have you tried using the Recorded TV HD Settings (from the Start Menu, not within RTVHD)?  Click the Series Override tab, double-click the stand-up special, change the Genre to Comedy, click the Save button, repeat for all of the stand-up specials, and close when done.

MoRBiD

Re: Some movies no longer being identified

p3ngwin
oh WOW!

that totally did the trick THANK YOU Morbid !

so any idea why we need to go this route, why doesn't the "re-identify" route within RecoredTVhd work when the file doesn't show-up ??

also, if i may suggest something, for the settings panel used in the above fix, can we have the columns sortable ?

so instead of the user having to scroll all the way through the mixed list of "series genre" entries, we can just sort by genre and have all the "movies" arranged together giving us just one portion of the list we have to search when we want to change a file.

Again, thank you for this fantastic program, it's amazing and really makes media center into what it should have been, especially since Microsoft abandoned it's development.

Re: Some movies no longer being identified

IT Troll
I just hit the same issue with around 6 movies which suddenly went unidentifide. Manually fixing them didn't help even thought they were correctly identified in the search. Nor did dragging them out of the folder, restarting the service and then dropping them back in.

In the end I had to resort the deleting my database, which did finally fix the problem, which was good. But then I had to spend another 30 minutes recreating my multiple favourite lists, which was not so good.

Re: Some movies no longer being identified

IT Troll
I am suffering from another movie which refuses to identify. It is correctly named and there is a matching movie at themoviedb.org

If I go into the identify file GUI, the search returns just one match which is the correct movie. I select this and it says that the artwork will be download etc. However it never is and the movie remains unidentified.

Re: Some movies no longer being identified

You can manually type in information to identify a file using this RecordedTVHDSettings.exe program... link  to download and instructions are here: <a href="http://www.recordedtvhd.com/forum/#nabble-td5708846|a5708932">http://www.recordedtvhd.com/forum/#nabble-td5708846|a5708932

Re: Some movies no longer being identified

IT Troll
Thanks that did indeed allow me to fix up this movie. Do you have any idea why it refused to identify in the normal manner? As I said it did get a match (and only one) when searching.

Re: Some movies no longer being identified

IT Troll
I have just had another batch of 5 or 6 movies suddenly go bad.

The files are named correctly and originally were identified automatically complete with correct artwork. Then suddenly after a period the artwork disappears leaving them with just black placeholders. If I then go into fix artwork, search will find the correct movie and say it will download the artwork. At this point the movie then disappears from poster view and the file is then listed in unidentified files.

If I move the file out of the folder it dissappears from the unidentified files list. But if I move it back in it reappears on the unidentified list. Stop / starting the service makes no difference.

If I go into RTVHD Settings the movie is similarly listed in unidentified files. If I go into Series Override it is not listed until I show all and then it is listed as a Movie and has the correct artwork from when it was first identified.

At this point the only way I can get the movie to show again is to manually add an entry. What is going on? Why are these movies going bad and then refusing to be corrected?

Re: Some movies no longer being identified

IT Troll
I had a poke around the database to try to work out what was going on. I found that these movies:

Don't have an entry in the Episodes table.

Do have entry in the Series table and have an artwork date check that matches when I searched for artwork (17/11)

Do have an entry in the Unidentified table with a matching date (17/11)

Hmmm, the artwork was checked and the file became unidentified on the same day...

So I disabled the service, deleted the entries from the Unidentified table, moved the files out of the folder, enabled the service and then moved the files back in. Finally all are recognised again complete with the correct artwork.

I am not sure what causes this issue to begin with (perhaps a glitch during the periodic artwork check?) bit what is certain is that RTVHD cannot recover from this state without intervention.

Re: Some movies no longer being identified

IT Troll
I just had another of these. This time it was a movie which I know wasn't listed in the moviedb when I originally added the file, but it was added a few days later. If I then used the GUI to identify the file it found the correct movie (only one match) but it still didn't show in poster view and remained unidentified.

So I went through the same sequence again. Disable the service, delete the entry from the Unidentified table, move the file out of the folder, enable the service, move the file back into the folder. Bang! Instantly recognised.

The pattern seems to be that at some point the file is flagged as unidentified but when searching there is in fact a single exact match. RTVHD cannot seem to handle the paradox.

I may have to write a script to automate a "reset" of this table for stuck identifications like this.

Re: Some movies no longer being identified

IT Troll
Two more went bad today.

Selfless (2015) - suddenly had no artwork, previously auto detected fine. I moved it out of the folder and then back in and this fixed the artwork. This would fit with my problematic artwork retrieval theory.

Jerusalem (2013) - suddenly unidentified and could not be fixed even though a match was found. For this I again had to clean the entry from the database and shuffle the file after which it auto detected fine. Perhaps a change in the moviedb record is causing the movie to enter this limbo state? Then RTVHD will only properly reassess the movie if all previous data is purged.

Re: Some movies no longer being identified

IT Troll
Another one.

Pride (2014) - Was fine then suddenly shows the wrong poster art. Used the GUI to re-identify the movie and correct the artwork, at which point it disappeared and became unidentified. This time I tried to use the function within the GUI to clear all information about the movie. I had to untick the box to hide movies without recordings which then allowed me to clear the information for this title. However the movie still remained unidentified I then manually removed the override entry from the INI file and deleted the associated .properties file. After which the movie was finally identified and showed the correct artwork.

Re: Some movies no longer being identified

IT Troll
Selfless (2015) just went bad again. Suddenly no artwork. This time I just used the GUI function to clear all information and this then fixed the artwork.

So this seems to work fine as long as you don't try to use the GUI to re-identify the movie. Doing this places the file into unidentified limbo which then requires the manual database and/or INI file fixes.

Re: Some movies no longer being identified

manchild
Same problem here.

Re: Some movies no longer being identified

manchild
After deleting the database, I am still seeing the problem of undetected movies.  Only after the delete, different movies are undetected.
12