Shows won't delete after hitting maximum recordings

Shows won't delete after hitting maximum recordings

rumred
This was happening in the release version as well so i thought i would try in the beta.
I set a series to the following
show type: new & rerun
Channels: 1031 only
Airtime: Anytime
Keep:  Latestest recordings
Keep up to :  5 recordings

It never deletes recordings....I have seen as many as 12 before i go in and manually delete.  This happens on every series no matter how I set it up.

Any thoughts?

Re: Shows won't delete after hitting maximum recordings

tradetek
pick a show in syndication on a channel like tnt that shows a bunch of episodes on one night and set it up using Media Center's interface directly.

I have a feeling you'll see the same issue because I think that MJT is just providing a shortcut to the WMC interface and doesn't have any control over what happens after that under the covers unless you do a manual delete through one of his interfaces.

Re: Shows won't delete after hitting maximum recordings

rumred
Thank you for your response but even if I do it in windows media center, I still have the same problem.  I am wondering if there is a way to fix this as it is driving me crazy.

Ed

Re: Shows won't delete after hitting maximum recordings

Yes, this is entirely Media Center handling this part.... I did a quick search and found this, but I don't know if it will help you any.

http://experts.windows.com/frms/windows_entertainment_and_connected_home/f/114/t/102894.aspx

There may be more helpful articles elsewhere, but you will probably get more eyes if you post on the Windows Experts Community since this is a strictly Media Center issue.