ShowAnalyzer and DVRMS Toolbox

mldenison
Folks - I need a little help with ShowAnalyzer and DVRMSToolbox.

I had installed ShowAnalyzer 1.0 but had issues with it so I installed the prior version.

I seem to have some conflicts between the two.  Sometimes when I bring up the ShowAnalyzer interface, I'll get an error that the 'Database is locked'.  The only way I know to unlock it is to reboot my HTPC.  I suspect that both programs are accessing the database.

Each program has a file watcher.  Which one is best to use or does it make a difference?  If I choose to use ShowAnalyzer, how to I turn off DVRMSToolbox?  Or vice versa?

Also, on large shows, say a football game, ShowAnalyzer gets to 100% in the queue and remains there for hours unless I reboot or kill it in the queue.  On hourly shows, it doesn't seem to be an issue.  Can I change something  to fix this?

Re: ShowAnalyzer and DVRMS Toolbox

KevinRush
Hi I'm new around here.

Which is better?  Or maybe people could just chime in and say which they use and what they think about it and if it is dependable?

Best Wishes

Re: ShowAnalyzer and DVRMS Toolbox

mldenison
Since I never got a reply, I set it up to have DVRMS use ShowAnalyzer to remove commercials rather than have ShowAnalyzer remove commercials.  They both choke, for me, on shows over 3 hours but since my HTPC is set to reboot every day in the wee hours, it's not really an issue.  This drops the lock on the offending show and the remaining shows are processed.  It just affects football TV and Nascar :>)

It appears that the developers of both DVRMS and ShowAnalyzer have abandoned the products.

And I'm not sure of the interaction involved between both products.

Re: ShowAnalyzer and DVRMS Toolbox & Automatic REBOOT

KevinRush
Thank you so much for your response.

May I ask, on another topic, how exactly you have your HTPC set to reboot?  I do that manually from time to time, it really cuts down on the occasional "blank" recorded shows.  Automatic scheduling of re-booting is one of my items on my task list for WMC.  Maybe your information would save me research and make short work of the task.

Either way, thank you for your comment.

Kevin

Re: ShowAnalyzer and DVRMS Toolbox & Automatic REBOOT

mldenison
Hi Kevin,

I'm on Windows 7.

1. Open Task Manager

2. Left click from the right pane on the Task Scheduler Library > open Action from the top menu > New Folder... > name it MyTasks (or whatever you want) > click OK

3. Left click on MyTasks > choose Action from menu > Create Basic Task... (it will open task wizard).
You can enter the task name , for example "Restart HTPC", and press Next

In Trigger section you can specify when you want to run your task, for example:

    Select Daily , and press Next
    Now you can specify the day, the hour and set to recur every day, after that press Next

In Action section you can choose what you want to run, for example restart your system, to do this:

    choose Start a program , and press Next
    in the Program/script field type "shutdown /r /f" (without the quotes), and press Next

Then you can press Finish.

Mort