Show Available Hard Disk Space

clarkes71
A feature I'd like to see in how much space is available on the hard disk drive that I record TV shows on.  Maybe add it to the new settings screen.  Also, be able to set an alarm or alert within media center letting me know space is getting low (a setting that can be set by the user).  For example, give me a popup message that my available space is less than 500Mb free.
This way, I don't lose other recordings that I may still want to watch over something new or another show that I can delete.

Please let me know if there is another way to do this already cause I haven't found it, via RecordedTV or Media Center itself.

Re: Show Available Hard Disk Space

Media Center has a built in percentage bar, but they don't tell you exactly how much space is available. You can get there through Recorded TV HD Settings by going to Media Library -> Storage Options

Your ideas are good though and I will add them to the list.

Re: Show Available Hard Disk Space

clarkes71
Thanks for listening.  I did see the option you are referring to, but as you noted...  it could be much better.

The big plus would be the alert or notification message.  That way, you never really need to worry about space getting low without having to check all the time.

Thanks for all your work !