Set Watched

12

Set Watched

bdkneela
Is there a way to set an episode watched? Or set an entire season watched?

If not this would be very helpful!

Re: Set Watched

j30sailor
This is a big item on my wish list also.

Re: Set Watched

I decided to create a simple extra application for people who want to do this instead of trying to fit it in with the settings program... This should make it quicker and easier for people who want to do it.

Download Set As Watched / Unwatched Utility - OLD VERSION WITHOUT PERCENTAGE WATCHED THRESHOLD (See later in thread for updated version)

Just extract the two files from the zip file somewhere and run the EXE.

If it is checked it will be marked as watched and if it is unchecked it will be marked as unwatched.  Press the button at the bottom when you want to mark everything.

NOTE: If you mark something as unwatched that has previously been watched you will lose the resume information for that episode/movie.

Re: Set Watched

tradetek
So a separate utility is okay, but a button that toggles the watch state on my remote would be nice. Media Browser maps this to [CTRL+w]. It would be nice if you could add that function in a future release for consistency sake.

Re: Set Watched

fernando
This is at the top of my wishlist as well!!

Mark episode as watched/unwatched, entire season and entire show. The extra app works well except i didn't see a "check all" option so i had to check all manually.

If I only watch a few seconds of a show it automatically marks it as watched so I would really like to clear this checkmark easily through the UI.

I love this program!!! Best $20 I ever spent on software!!! :)

Re: Set Watched

Understood... You can clear the the watched indicator for a single episode by highlighting the "resume" button and pressing the clear button.

Re: Set Watched

fernando
Ahh yes, just saw that in your notes. Awesome. Thanks!

Re: Set Watched

fernando
On the same topic, it would be nice to filter shows/movies by "unwatched" on the main screen too. (could be another header on the top, like sort)

Thanks for your speedy response btw :)

Re: Set Watched

What would make the most sense for an "unwatched" header option... Grouped by series or ungrouped individual episodes?

Re: Set Watched

tradetek
My vote would be grouped by series as the default with an option to display ungrouped.

Re: Set Watched

fernando
I personally would prefer it grouped by series as I dont like seeing duplicate series on my show strip.
I would also like this under movies! :)

Re: Set Watched

Please try out the latest beta and let me know how that works for you. I have an "unwatched tv" header option and an "unwatched movies" header option available now. Anything that has been watched (or partially watched) doesn't show up under these views.

Latest beta info and download

Re: Set Watched

fernando
I like it! thanks!
Hope to see "mark as watched" soon :)

Re: Set Watched

mogulman
I just downloaded Recorded TV HD.   I really like it so far.  Wish I had found it a year ago!  You should post some more on Green Button or Microsoft Media Center Forums....  I was really looking for something like this and didn't know it was available.

I am most interested in the watched/unwatched indicator....

I notice you can press clear while highlighting the resume button.

Are there plans to make this more obvious for my wife/son?  Like make a Watched/Unwatched button for the series view as well as the individual episode view?

Some questions too..

Does Recorded TV HD pick up watched/unwatched from the regular WMC info, if someone happens to watch it through that interface?

Another possible enhancement... marking something watched/unwatched manually by user?  or maybe have it marked watched/unwatched only in a particular favorite list?

That way my wife or myself can watch something and mark it, but it won't affect the other person.

Re: Set Watched

I may add a "more" menu under the episode detail screen to allow adding/removing watched info. I'm still not sure how I can add the ability to do it in bulk for a whole series or season.

Yes, it should pick up the watched info if someone watches it through the default interface instead.

As to being watched/unwatched per user or favorite list... I'll add it to the feature list... although it would take quite a bit of work and I'm not sure how many people would make use of it.

Thank you for your input and your suggestions.

Re: Set Watched

d69nick
I would like to see this info sync (both ways) to http://follw.it/ so that it can be synchronised on multiple PCs and across different apps (love this feature in MediaBrowser).

Nick

Re: Set Watched

I've updated this utility for the new Percentage Watched Threshold versions:

Download Set As Watched / Unwatched Utility - For Percentage Watched Threshold Versions of Recorded TV HD

Re: Set Watched

AgileHumor
Is there any way to mark a season or episode as watched in the MCE interface?

I understand you can clear the watched indicator by selecting resume and pressing the clear button.  How about the reverse?

PS -I tried the external utility to set watched which helped.  Some minor tweaks should you do another revision.
* multiple selection (a whole series) and checkbox.  you have to do each individually.
* sort with proper episode order (E10 after E9, currently goes E1,E10, E11, E2)

Re: Set Watched

somegirl
Should this utility still work? Does it need to be run from a particular folder? I tried to use it but it gives an error that it "could not locate database file", then an error that it "could not find episodes". Then it opens, but is blank.

Re: Set Watched

somegirl
Still wondering about this... I would like to use Recorded TV HD more, but it's just too much of a mess with dozens of shows/episodes that I can't find a way to mark as watched. Am I missing something?
12