Series override, wont allow merge / Dialog does not resize..

Series override, wont allow merge / Dialog does not resize..

Dweller
Most of the dupe series I could override to merge via the series override pane, but I've got 2 that won't allow it, even tho they have the same tv db id, when I go into each, there's no merge dropdown there for them..

On a related note, the tab pane in the dialog doesn't resize when the dialog is resized.. (plus the odd bit of text isnt responding to the system dpi setting to make-everything-larger-font-size-so-I-can-read-it-from-the-couch). This means I can only edit the list via a smallish window..

Re: Series override, wont allow merge / Dialog does not resize..

The drop-down only shows up if the series name is exactly the same.  I thought about putting it on there all the time, but thought that might cause issues if someone accidentally does it.  Let me see if I can come up with a solution for you.

I just actually adjusted it so that when you maximize/change the window size it will make the series/episode lists fill the window.  It will be in the next beta.  I haven't tested with different dpi settings, but I need to do that.

Re: Series override, wont allow merge / Dialog does not resize..

Dweller
Interesting.. in this case, one series is CSI New York, which is also present as CSI: NY .. The other is the original CSI, showing up as CSI, Crime Scene Investigation, and CSI: Crime Scene Investigation. A result of the media pc recording from multiple sources, and multiple channels, each with their own version of guide data..

Was looking at the episode override pane, mine goes on for several miles of scrolling ;p wonder if the series could collapse in that via some sorta treeview.. ;p or if the episodes could be assigned to a season (& ep number) from the media center ui.. can you add options like 'add to season x' to the play/delete list, but only for the eps in an 'unknown' season?

Re: Series override, wont allow merge / Dialog does not resize..

I quickly added a way to combine 2 different series' episodes.  You select the series that you want to change the name of and then combine it with the series with the name you want to keep.  Please try it out and let me know how it works.

Latest beta information and download

Your other ideas are good. I'll add them to the list and see what i can do.

Re: Series override, wont allow merge / Dialog does not resize..

Dweller
Tested.. my dupes are now sorted out.. =) and I bought a license =)

Not sure if I imagined it, but while merging something that needed a rename, to a target that was already composed of merges that didn't need renames, I think I had to do the merge a few more times than expected.. could be imagined, as I have a rather long list of series..

Think this looks like its currently the best way to manage recorded tv =) I'm using MyMovies for movies, but really like that this can hide the recorded movies until I rehome them to the right dir structure for mymovies to pick them up.