Series not showing up

dnaielgwalter
Hi,

i purchased RTVHD because it is a wonderful product ... however!

I have one or two series that will not show up !

1) The Scooby-Doo show (3 seasons and 40 episodes in total)
2) Shaun the Sheep (3 seasons 60 episodes in total)

these are downloaded shows (not recorded) and in AVI format.... I have other avi;s showing no problem.

all of my downloaded material is correctly tagged using metabrowser as follows

series folder\season xx\series name - SXXEXX - Episode Name.ext

all shows are found on theTVDB site without issue and are named accordingly.

none of the series show up in the series overide tab (with show emty shows enabled)...

any thing i can do to find out what is going wrong?

thanks

Dan,

Re: Series not showing up

Please give me a few exact file names of some of the files so I can run them through some diagnostics in my code.  That would be the easiest and fast way to get this sorted out.

Thanks again for your purchase!

Re: Series not showing up

dnaielgwalter
wow fast response ...

file 1)

Recorded TV\The Scooby Doo Show\Season 1\The Scooby-doo Show - S01e01 - High-rise Hair Raiser.avi

Re: Series not showing up

"The Scooby-doo Show" isn't being detected because it will first try to split up the filename to parse it on a '.' if there are no periods then it will try to parse it by '-' .... Since "The Scooby-doo Show" has a '-' it is splitting it on that and won't find the series correctly.

If you want you can change the file name to "The Scooby-doo Show.S01e01.High-rise Hair Raiser.avi"
and it should properly add it to the database. I need to give some thought to the situation and see what I can do in the code.

What's a file name for the other series?

Thanks,
Mark

Re: Series not showing up

dnaielgwalter
that worked a treat, kids happy again!!

thank you

also, the shaun the sheep had a different problem ... folder not added to the right server location!!! doh...

thanks again

Dan.

Re: Series not showing up

Great! Glad that worked out for you!

Re: Series not showing up

John Galt
You should first look for s/d{0,1}e/d{0,1} find that if it exists because it's the universal.  If you find that everything before that will be the show name and everything after will be the episode name.  If that format is not found then parse as you we're.  Will work way more reliably.  And in both the title and episode do not have spaces then and only then replace periods if they exist.  If there are no periods then replace dashes.  You should do the test for spaces in all three cases in any event.

Re: Series not showing up

SikSlayer
MJT Software wrote
"The Scooby-doo Show" isn't being detected because it will first try to split up the filename to parse it on a '.' if there are no periods then it will try to parse it by '-' .... Since "The Scooby-doo Show" has a '-' it is splitting it on that and won't find the series correctly.

If you want you can change the file name to "The Scooby-doo Show.S01e01.High-rise Hair Raiser.avi"
and it should properly add it to the database. I need to give some thought to the situation and see what I can do in the code.
I was having a similar problem with "Hawaii.Five-0.2010.S02E16" but by removing the '2010' from the file name, it fixed things, and it was recognized. But, the 2010 is important, because otherwise, how would RecordedTVHD know the difference between it, and the original 1960s series?

Also, I've come to realize the new series uses a number zero at the end, and not the letter O, and that would be another way to differentiate them. But still, the issue remains, because not every series remake would slightly change the name, and thus the year at the end is useful.

Case in point, the animated series Archer on FX. In Media Browser, I have to name the folder "Archer (2009)" because there was already a series with the same exact name, and this time, no subtle change to go on.

Also, let me take this time to thank you for such an awesome addon for Media Center. I started trying it out when you added the new Media Center like theme, and bought it the night you were on the DMZ podcast.