Series Recordings

choeschen
I came across and installed RTVHD during my latest rebuild of my primary HTPC (reinstall Windows, restore series recordings, etc.)  Since this redo I have noticed some series are getting far too many episodes (18 - 20 or more!)  Before I would get a notification that some episodes will be deleted to make room for new ones when going into the default recorded TV.  This would show as an ! in a yellow triangle for the episode that will be removed.  For the most part it kept the episodes to my set max for that series.  My question is who handles removing episodes to keep it within the series max?  Is that built into WMC or does RTVHD now handle this?

Re: Series Recordings

Media Center handles the max number of recordings, but it chokes if the recordings are either no longer on the drive it recorded on or you are using the recording storage pooling in Recorded TV HD and the recordings are going on different drives.

At this point there is no way to monitor how Media Center is going to act so I can't put the yellow triangle in the interface.

Re: Series Recordings

choeschen
I'm not using the pooling but if I delete a episode via recorded TV HD does that cause issues?

On Mar 30, 2014, at 1:48 PM, "MJT Software [via Recorded TV HD Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Media Center handles the max number of recordings, but it chokes if the recordings are either no longer on the drive it recorded on or you are using the recording storage pooling in Recorded TV HD and the recordings are going on different drives.

At this point there is no way to monitor how Media Center is going to act so I can't put the yellow triangle in the interface.

http://recorded-tv-hd-forum.1045789.n5.nabble.com/Series-Recordings-tp5708759p5708760.html
To unsubscribe from Series Recordings, click here.
NAML

Re: Series Recordings

Not that I know of, but I guess that's possible. I've seen people with the same issues on other Media Center forums who aren't using Recorded TV HD, so it kind of seems like that feature is hit or miss for some reason.