Series Not Updating

carljanderson
How can I fix the following -

I have recorded episodes 1 and 2 of the new season of Anthony Bourdain on CNN, and it has successfully recorded. However, I can't view them from RTVHD, I can only play them directly to WMC from Explorer. Season 6 isn't getting a folder. I also can not see the episodes if I remove the sorting by season option.

Also, when I try to identify a missing file, I don't see any files.

The shows show up fine in RTVHD settings in Episode Info.

I have rebooted the PC and reinstalled RTVHD.

What else can I do?

RE: Series Not Updating

If you don't have many favorites or don’t care if you have to redo them, you can stop the Recorded TV HD Service, rename the Recorded TV HD database found either at: C:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD\database\ or C:\ProgramData\RecordedTVHD\database\, and then start the service. Hopefully that will reidentify everything properly.

RE: Series Not Updating

carljanderson
Didn't work.

After a re-install, I am now also getting a "Service Error"  dialog box. "Invalid string value in StrToByteArray".

RE: Series Not Updating

If you renamed the database you can revert back to it by stopping the service, renaming it back, and then starting the service again. I'll assume that that doesn't fix it so you could send me all the details to support@recordedtvhd.com and attach the database and I can check it out and hopefully fix the database for you.

Re: Series Not Updating

carljanderson
What other details do you need?

I had recorded the first two episodes of Anthony Bourdain - Parts Unknown on CNN. Season 6, Episodes One and Two. I know they successfully recorded because I can watch them through the Windows 7 Media Center RecordedTV screen. However, with RTHD, neither of the 2 episodes show up and Season 6 isn't visible.

When I open up RecordedTV HD Settings, the Episode information is correctly listed.

I attached the old db file and the new one.

Thanks,
Carl

RE: Series Not Updating

carljanderson
I was finally able to get some time with the HTPC this week, and was able to re-install RTVHD w/o issue (after re-naming the old C:\Users\Public\RTVHD directory and installing a bunch of Windows updates).

After RTV scanned the directories, Anthony Bourdain's episodes were recognized as Season 6 Episodes 1,2,3, etc in the the Series Override.

However, in the UI, it still didn't create a Season 6 folder.

Had to uninstall again. :(

Any thoughts?