Screen dimming on skip ahead

garyr
When I use the skip ahead feature it is now causing the screen to dim for a fraction of a second every time I press the skip button.  This did not happen before... could this be an issue with the new release?

Re: Screen dimming on skip ahead

Are you talking about when skipping through the video or using the skip button to change header options?

If during video playback that is due to the commercial skip viewer (if you are scanning for commercials).

That cannot be removed unless you disable the commercial skip viewer in the settings program.

Re: Screen dimming on skip ahead

garyr
Yes I was talking about skipping through the pre-recorded video program.  I do have the commercial skip software as well.  However, I removed and then reinstalled RecordedTVHD and the problem of dimming seems to have gone away.  I will look for it this week to see if it is possibly still happening on some shows and not others, but I hope it is gone forever.  Regarding the statement about it being inherent in the commercial skip program I have never experienced it before and I have used Show Analyzer and DVRMStoolbox successfully for over a year.

Re: Screen dimming on skip ahead

The very brief blue flash is what I'm talking about.  It has to do with my "Commercial Break Viewer" that shows you where the commercial breaks are.  You can turn that part off and you will still be able to skip the commercial breaks, you just won't be able to see where they are.

More info on the Commercial Break Viewer aspect of Recorded TV HD