Scheduled recordings just spins and spins

Scheduled recordings just spins and spins

tradetek
So I'm a new user who just installed the product. I can't find a version number anywhere, but I downloaded and installed it from the Home page on 3/23 on top of Windows Media Center 7 Pro with SP1 and all the latest HFP from Microsoft.

So I schedule some series recordings and some movies and when I go to the "scheduled" tab in the "recorded tv hd" view all I get is the normal spinning blue disc from Windows.

I tried setting the days to retrieve to 7, 5, 3, 1, and 0 and there was no change in behavior, the disc just spins.

Am interested in the product and would like to see this work.

Re: Scheduled recordings just spins and spins

Strange. I haven't seen that problem before. Not really sure at this point what the problem might be. Not sure if you rebooted, but that couldn't hurt. If you press "OK" when highlighting the "scheduled" button that will bring you to the standard scheduled recordings screen. Make sure they are showing up there. Let me know if you are still experiencing the problem and we can investigate further.

Re: Scheduled recordings just spins and spins

tradetek
Sorry should have mentioned that I rebooted thinking that the setting changes might have gotten things in a weird state and that had not reaolved the issue.

I did verify that I can see everything acheduled going through the OOTB view for scheduled recordings.

One note is that I did use your interface to move the guide, live tv and search up to the top bar and favorites and Genres down to the bottom bar. I also had hidden the ootb recorded tv strip, but renabled it again as a last resort and verified that I can access scheduled recordings without any delays.

Currntly this is all configured on one machine using a local path on drive G.

Re: Scheduled recordings just spins and spins

Does the following file exist? "C:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD\database\FutureRecordings.s3db" (Your path may be different... there should be a "RecordedTVHDdb.s3db" file in the same directory).  If so can you send it to support@recordedtvhd.com

I'll have to look at my code and see where it may be hanging up without throwing an error message.

Re: Scheduled recordings just spins and spins

tradetek
I do not have a FutureRecordings.s3db file.

I zipped up the entire RecordedTVHD profile folder and you can download it from http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18993675/RecordedTVHD.zip

I have used the settings tool to change several of the defaults to the strips, I removed the genres and favorite shows views and moved the guide, search and live tv views up to the Recorded TV HD strip. My intent is to hide the OOTB Recorded TV strip after the scheduled shows view is working properly assuming the presentation works for me...

I also have recorded movies separated from tv shows. You should be able to see other modifications in the zipped up config files.

Also, I have been playing with the interface more, and noticed that if I move to the menu strip in the recorded shows view and the move from the "title" item, that is when the spinning disc starts it isn't specific to the scheduled shows view.

Re: Scheduled recordings just spins and spins

Do you use Roboform?  If so, check out this thread.

Re: Scheduled recordings just spins and spins

tradetek
No, I don't use Roboform, but I do use Ultravnc and Hipporemote to control my HTPC. Do you have known issues with VNC apps?

Re: Scheduled recordings just spins and spins

Not sure... Just to get this straight.... when you switch to any header on the top the spinning disc starts and the list never changes?

Sounds exactly like the Roboform problem, but since you don't use it I'm not sure what other app might be interfering and causing this issue.

You might want to close down all other running programs, one-by-one and test it after each one you close and see if it fixes it.  You should probably restart Media Center before closing each one as well just to make sure it doesn't "hook" onto it and stay hooked even after the application is closed.

Re: Scheduled recordings just spins and spins

tradetek
The roboform description helped, I disabled ultravnc and installed TightVNC and the problem is resolved. I can now get to the scheduled recordings view and it is loading the view, it took a long time just showing a poster shape that said "Loading" with a spinning disc.

For grins, I moved down and selected the "Loading" "poster" and it went to an empty favorites view... which needs a new note that when I moved along the menu strip moving between items pops up a "Favorites" prompt that says "Favorites have not been setup yet. Would you like to set them up now?" I had hidden the "favorites lists" from the Main Screen in the Recorded TV HD Settings tool, as all my recorded shows are favorites so it's a bit redundant, so this should not be popping at all and should be a bug...

It appears that ultravnc is messing with how commands are being passed along your menu strip. I tried playing with some of the ultravnc settings, but no luck so I'll have to switch to TightVNC which is a minor inconvience for testing and configuration purposes only. No big deal, but it would be nice if you could try to do some testing to see what is causing the issue with ultravnc as there is a big performance difference for remote control using ultravnc vs TightVNC and when need to do remote configuration and testing work on WMC configs the difference is night and day...

Re: Scheduled recordings just spins and spins

Glad to hear that you got it working.  Both of the other bugs you pointed out have already been fixed in a beta version that I'm working on. Thank you for letting me know though.

The issue with Roboform and apparently ultravnc seems to affect all 3rd party Media Center plugins and I have no idea what they are doing to cause it and I have no idea how I could fix it.

Re: Scheduled recordings just spins and spins

tradetek
Yes, I saw the beta thread, was thinking about trying your next release that looks to be released soon...

As for ultravnc affecting other plugins... I don't know about roboform, but I've been using ultravnc without any issues with Media Browser for months now without any known problems. I'm using the 2.5.3.0 R release and the Jade theme if that means anything to along with an informal plugin called "Unwatched Movies" from a guy going by the handle of Redshirt.

As mentioned, with the TightVNC alternative, I'd say its a low priority to the other nice work you are doing though but if the urge strikes you to do some troubleshooting one day, I think you are looking at a view controller issue with the passing of commands to WMC getting caught by the other apps. I noticed that you have had a couple of other issues in the past that are similar. But I'm good for now.

I've only been using your product for a couple of days and I want to do some more testing and stability checking, but will probably be a paying customer soon.