SQL Error message in Event Viewer/ RTVHD Will not open

SQL Error message in Event Viewer/ RTVHD Will not open

WINDIANRECORDS
I've been having problems on both computers I have Recorded TV HD running on (Windows 7 Ultimate x64):

Many times when I choose to load Recorded TV HD, it will not open, and will just skip back to the Guide on the Menu Bar. (The Menu Bar is in this order: Guide/ Live TV/ Recorded TV HD/ Genre/ Favorites). Sometimes when Recorded TV HD will not load like this, I can go to the end of the Bar and choose "Favorites"; it will then skip from Favorites to Genre and actually open up under Genre.

Again, this occurs on both televisions, from 1.9.0-1.9.3 (I have reinstalled, removed User files, etc etc etc). I have found this error message in Event Viewer under RecordedTVHD :

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object.   at RecordedTVHDService.Service1.FindMovieOtherFileType(String NameOfMovie, String FileLocation, SQLiteConnection sql_con)"

I can supply other information as well.

Thank you,

Re: SQL Error message in Event Viewer/ RTVHD Will not open

I've seen it once or twice where clicking on one of the other icons does nothing. I have no idea why it happens. I believe I just closed Media Center and opened it back up to fix the problem.

The error in the event viewer would not effect this, but thank you for reporting.

Re: SQL Error message in Event Viewer/ RTVHD Will not open

WINDIANRECORDS
So I posted this error as a last ditch effort, since I had been mucking around forever trying to solve this problem (Wife loves the program, but once it stopped opening we had one of those "back to the cablebox" talks [as if those work so well in the first place])...

One program I found was a WMC fix from Microsoft's site that re-registers some WMC dlls (vcredist.dll and something else that I can't remember) - it was their "Fix it" tool - the "FixWin" app from the Windows Club website does the same thing (and much more), and is legit and not malware/etc; created by a Microsoft MVP.

I also installed a HotFix I found from the Ceton website (KB2746119), and removed the XBOX360 as an Extender.

Which one of these fixed my problem? I don't know, but I'm not having it now, and I've stress tested the issue many many times. Sometimes this issue happened only in FullScreen but not in Windowed, and it even occured after a reboot. It's resolved by at least one of these fixes above though.

Thanks for the reply.

Re: SQL Error message in Event Viewer/ RTVHD Will not open

chrisdfw
If its multithreaded and command is being shared with other threads there is going to be a problem. Even if the output shows the sql being correct there still may be a chance two threads using the same SQLiteCommand at one time. Are you using more than one thread?