Remote control arrow buttons loose focus

Remote control arrow buttons loose focus

thorhtpc
I am having a problem were the arrow buttons on my remote don't work correctly when I leave the Recorded TV HD menu and go to the main WMC menu.  I can not navigate the WMC menu at all.  I think the buttons are still doing something because I hear sounds when I press the left and right arrow buttons.  All other remote buttons continue to work fine.  Also, if I go direct to the guide, then the arrow buttons start working again.

Re: Remote control arrow buttons loose focus

I am not able to reproduce the problem you are describing.... Are you backing out of Recorded TV HD using the back button or are you pressing the green button?  Either way my arrow buttons (at least on my keyboard) are working properly.  Any more details would be appreciated.  Has this always been the case? If not when did it start happening?

Re: Remote control arrow buttons loose focus

thorhtpc
The problem seems to be when there is a video window showing in the Recorded TV HD menu.  If I highlight the video window with the cursor I get stuck on it.  I can not use the cursor buttons to navigate back to the top bar or the show list on the left side.  When I exit out of Recorded TV by pressing the back button or the 'green' button, the cursor keys still will not work in the WMC main menu.  I did notice that if I hold a cursor button down, after 5 to 10 seconds it will jump off the video window and then I have cursor control again.  This only happens on my HTPC and not the extenders.

Thanks for your help,
Steve

Re: Remote control arrow buttons loose focus

Have you tried the latest beta?  I believe I may have fixed the "get stuck on video" problem in the latest beta...

Latest beta info and download

Re: Remote control arrow buttons loose focus

thorhtpc
I downloaded the latest beta and it did not help.  I played around some more last night and it is definitely the video window that is causing the problem.  As long as I do not highlight the video window the cursor buttons work fine.  Once on the video window they no longer work.  If I hold down a cursor button on the remote for 5 to 10 seconds I can get off of the video window and then they start working again.  Other buttons continue to work though.  If I press the select button while on the video window it works like it should.

I don't know if this matters but I am using irtrans remote that is built into my htpc case.  I know it works a little different than the standard WMC remote.  It has a service that translates the remote button presses and then sends them to WMC.

Re: Remote control arrow buttons loose focus

If it does not happen on extenders I'm wondering if it has something to do with the translating service that you are talking about... a couple of questions though...

1. Does it only happen on certain screens? (main menu, episode list, single episode, etc.)
2. What view/theme are you using?

Re: Remote control arrow buttons loose focus

thorhtpc
I've narrowed it down.  It only happens when there is more than one item in the top selection bar.  So when I am in the RecordedTV HD main menu or episode list(several options in the top bar), the left and right buttons do not work correctly.  If there is a video window, the right button will move focus from the recordings list the video window, but then you are stuck there.  If there is no video window then the right and left buttons do nothing. I believe they are suppose to select different top bar items even if you are not in the top bar, correct?  If focus is in the top bar then left and right work correctly.

If you are in the season list or single episode (one or no options in the top bar), then the left and right work fine, even with a video window.

So something in the logic that lets you select different top bar options when you are not in the top bar causes my left and right remote buttons to screw up.

Also, I am using the list view.

Hope this helps.  Thanks for you help.

Re: Remote control arrow buttons loose focus

I "might" have a fix for you.  Hopefully I can get a beta up for you to try tonight.

Thanks for reporting the problem.

Re: Remote control arrow buttons loose focus

Please try out the latest beta and let me know if the problem is fixed or not.

Latest Beta Download and Info

Re: Remote control arrow buttons loose focus

thorhtpc
You fixed it!  I have not had any problems with the cursor since I installed it yesterday.

Thank you for your help.

Re: Remote control arrow buttons loose focus

Glad to hear it is fixed now!  Thanks for letting me know about the problem.