Recursive Folder Watching, Disable Delete, Override via UI?

Recursive Folder Watching, Disable Delete, Override via UI?

Dweller
Hi.. just trying out Recorded TV HD, so far looking great..

Folder watching:

I've added some network paths, and can see it has integrated some of the content from them (the ones where the content is directly in the path), but for others the files are arranged the way MyMovies liked them, eg, SeriesName\Season XX\SeriesName - SXXEYY - EpisodeTitle(.wtv|.avi|.mkv|.etc)

Can recorded tv watch a folder like that? I guess otherwise I'd have to add every Season XX folder manually to the ui, which would take rather a long while..

Disable Delete:

I noticed another feature request to delete series by pressing clear, can this (and ideally the episodes delete) be disabled? I'd hate to lose a series by mistake, and ideally not lose episodes either..

Override via UI?

The series/episode override are awesome, and essential, but having them outside the 10ft ui, and in the settings dialog is tough, especially when the dialog doesn't seem to resize too well, making it hard to see all the data.

Are there any plans to add override management to the 10ft ui? or allow editing of this info from another pc, so the media pc can keep displaying tv.. ?

Re: Recursive Folder Watching, Disable Delete, Override via UI?

1. Your folder watching scenario should work just fine.  In the latest beta I've added some more supported naming conventions.

2. I could add an option to disable deletion.  I'll put it on the list.

3. I haven't given that much thought.  Entering text and editing things inside media center sounds like it would be difficult any way I would do it.  I could probably work on a more robust settings program that would allow you to work on it more easily and possibly connect from another PC.  I'll put it on the list.

Thank you for the suggestions!

Re: Recursive Folder Watching, Disable Delete, Override via UI?

sccrgoalie1
2.  I would really like to see the option to disable the delete button per series, this would be great to get all my tv shows in the same place (the ones I own included without worrying about deleting by accident)

Re: Recursive Folder Watching, Disable Delete, Override via UI?

Good idea.