Recording Storage Pooling oddity

MoRBiD MaNGLeR
Mark,

This issue is probably only affecting me but I'm very frustrated by it:

In Recording Storage Pooling, I have four drives/directories:
D:\Recorded TV (having 931.5 GB of space)
E:\Recorded TV (having 1863 GB of space)
F:\Recorded TV (having 1863 GB of space)
G:\Recorded TV (having 1863 GB of space)
None of these is my system/OS drive.

What I want to do is set them all to record until full or nearly full.

If I set Drive D to record to a Maximum TV Limit of 900 GB or 931.5 GB, then the other three drives get automatically limited to 1600 GB.

And if I set Drive E or Drive F or Drive G to a Maximum TV Limit of 1800 GB or 1863 GB, then Drive D gets automatically limited to 800 GB and the other two drives get automatically limited to 1600 GB.

I have tried saving after each change that I make, backing out and going back in.  And I've tried saving after all of the changes have been made, backing out and going back in.  Either way, I get the same result.

How can I overcome this bug so I can set each drive to my desired Maximum TV Limit?  Ideally, I want to cut them off at 900 GB and 1800 GB respectively, or better yet at a calculated free space of 5%, but RTVHD is limiting me to 800GB and 1600GB respectively.

MoRBiD

Re: Recording Storage Pooling oddity

Right now when I switch the recording drive to another drive it is  supposed to max out the available recording space based on the size of the drive. In the future I may allow for people to customize how much free space they would like to keep.

Re: Recording Storage Pooling oddity

MoRBiD MaNGLeR
I'm glad to hear that Recording Storage Pooling uses the Maximum TV Limit (free space) of the selected hard drive by default.

Does the Maximum TV Limit option only work then if Recording Storage Pooling is not used?

MoRBiD

Re: Recording Storage Pooling oddity

Yes, anytime recording storage pooling changes drives or attempts to reset the recording location it should set the maximum recording limit to fill the entire drive. If you don't use recording storage pooling then the limit setting should stick.

Re: Recording Storage Pooling oddity

MoRBiD MaNGLeR
Good to know.  This is how I'd want it to work anyway.  Thanks.

MoRBiD