Recording Duplicate Episodes

eht

Recording Duplicate Episodes

eht
I'm using Beta version 1.7.19.

The media center will recorded duplicate episodes. I will sometimes have 3-4 of the same episode recorded. I never had a problem with this prior to using Recorded TV HD.

FYI, it doesn't matter if the reocorded settings are for "new" or "new and rerun".

This is quite a nuisance since I'm constantly deleting the duplicate episodes.

I've attached a screen shot showing the duplicate episodes (2 instances).

Duplicate Episodes

Re: Recording Duplicate Episodes

Anybody else seeing this? I never have problems with duplicate episodes. Are you using the recording storage pooling? I know some of the things such as number of episodes to keep may not work properly when the episodes are in different locations, but I don't know if this would have anything to do with that or not

eht

Re: Recording Duplicate Episodes

eht
I am not using pooling. All recorded TV is getting stored on a single hard drive.

Re: Recording Duplicate Episodes

Beaker1024
I get duplicate recordings but never thought it could have anything to do with RTVHD.  It also didn't seem to be consistanst/happening on all or most series.  Just some so I have felt that it was more of a EPG thing on those titles.  For the few series it happens on I just manually delete.

BTW I do not use RTVHD storage pooling but I do have 4-5 locations with RTVHD "watching" all of them.  As far as MCE knows though I only have one recording location then WHS moves it to just one shared folder Recorded TV.   I then manually move files/recording to other shares (HDDs) to distribute the "load"/filling.

RTVHD does a great job of handling the "watching" of all of the folders (local and several network shares).

Re: Recording Duplicate Episodes

I don't think it has anything to do with Recorded TV HD then.

Re: Recording Duplicate Episodes

TheMayor
I also do see this regularly.  I've noticed is when I do, infact have duplicate of the same shows with different file names.

For example:

Good Luck Charlie.Charlie is 1.677.wtv
Good Luck Charlie.Charlie is 1.677 2.wtv

I will say that the record date/time on each of the duplicates is different though.

I have my file naming set as:  Show Name.Episode Name.Channel Number.wtv

I do use storage pooling, but I only have 2 drives that WMC records to & some of the shows matching the above description are in the same folder, on the same drive.

On a side note, I do like the fact I can see duplicates as I can decide which one I want to delete & want to keep.  The only downside is that when I do my multiple deletion of duplicates, I use the normal recording guide, as it can delete shows faster.  If I delete a show in RTVHD, it takes anywhere from 30 seconds to a minute before I can delete the 2nd show (& so on)

For my recording defaults, the only thing I've changed was the # of minutes to start recording (on time) & stop recording (3 minutes if it can)

By chance, would it be possible to have RTVHD produce a list of duplicate shows/episodes that we could put a checkmark next to & press delete & have it delete a bunch of episodes at one time?

My thought that it could be on the Non WMC RTVHD interface