Recorded shows missing from List

TheMayor
Hi Everyone, I had a few questions on RHDTC & how it identifies the file to the correct show.

1)  Is there certain symbols it does not like?  For instance I look at my unidentified list, I see a bunch of shows listed & good portion have either a apostrophe or semi colon

2)  Certain file naming convention to preferably use (for recorded shows)?  For instance, I have mine as Show Name - Episode Name_Channel#.   The shows seems to be identified, except for the ones where there was no episode info for that particular recording (example Spongebob Squarepants - _679.wtv)

3)  Is there a certain time where it does a bunch of matching?  For instance I had a bunch of shows listed on my unidentified list, & the next day I will see them on the correct list.  Today, I had to reboot the computer to get them to go from my unidentified list to the correct list.  There are other times, where I will change the file name & it will identify it immediatly

4)  Any file it cannot identify, any way to have it so it will at least create a show with that first part of the file name or have it under a "unidentified" show name so at least it can be watched thru the interface?  An example of this might be home videos.

5)  I had mentioned before asking for a episode number sort.  I did find an example of where a show was broadcasted out of episode order.  If you look up Cow and Chicken Season 1, it shows Episode 3 & 4 was broadcasted before episode 1 & 2

Episode Number Episode Name      Originally Aired
1 Field Trip to Folsom Prison        1997-09-16
2 The Girl's Bathroom                1997-09-16
3 Supermodel Cow                        1997-07-22
4 Part-Time Job                        1997-07-22

6)  Last question, is there a way to handle shows where the show has 2 episodes in one?  For example Spongebob plays 2 episodes within the 30 minute episode & I noticed the tvdb had each one listed separately

Re: Recorded shows missing from List

choliscott wrote
1)  Is there certain symbols it does not like?  For instance I look at my unidentified list, I see a bunch of shows listed & good portion have either a apostrophe or semi colon

2)  Certain file naming convention to preferably use (for recorded shows)?  For instance, I have mine as Show Name - Episode Name_Channel#.   The shows seems to be identified, except for the ones where there was no episode info for that particular recording (example Spongebob Squarepants - _679.wtv)
The first thing it tries to do is split the info by periods so I would recommend splitting up the title and episode numbers and name by periods. It shouldn't have any problems with apostrophes or semi colons (at least to my knowledge).

Are those wtv's user created (converted from something else) or are they actual recordings that you just changed the file names?  If they are actual recordings it should pull the metadata from the file itself and shouldn't matter what the file name is.

choliscott wrote
3)  Is there a certain time where it does a bunch of matching?  For instance I had a bunch of shows listed on my unidentified list, & the next day I will see them on the correct list.  Today, I had to reboot the computer to get them to go from my unidentified list to the correct list.  There are other times, where I will change the file name & it will identify it immediatly
It does a full scan every 5 minutes or so depending on certain circumstances. If a file is created or renamed it scans it immediately.

choliscott wrote
4)  Any file it cannot identify, any way to have it so it will at least create a show with that first part of the file name or have it under a "unidentified" show name so at least it can be watched thru the interface?  An example of this might be home videos.
That is a good idea.

choliscott wrote
5)  I had mentioned before asking for a episode number sort.  I did find an example of where a show was broadcasted out of episode order.  If you look up Cow and Chicken Season 1, it shows Episode 3 & 4 was broadcasted before episode 1 & 2

Episode Number Episode Name      Originally Aired
1 Field Trip to Folsom Prison        1997-09-16
2 The Girl's Bathroom                1997-09-16
3 Supermodel Cow                        1997-07-22
4 Part-Time Job                        1997-07-22
Understood. I'll have to give it some thought as to how to best implement it.

choliscott wrote
6)  Last question, is there a way to handle shows where the show has 2 episodes in one?  For example Spongebob plays 2 episodes within the 30 minute episode & I noticed the tvdb had each one listed separately
Good question. I haven't thought about that yet. I'll have to see what I can figure out.

Re: Recorded shows missing from List

TheMayor
Thanks for the quick response Are those wtv's user created (converted from something else) or are they actual recordings that you just changed the file names? If they are actual recordings it should pull the metadata from the file itself and shouldn't matter what the file name is. Some were record shows. Some were other recordings from my previous dvr setup, which has no metadata, just the file naming I did forget to ask a question. Was there anything going to be added to specify which watch folders to mark as "read only" I do have a folder with videos I don't want people to delete & while I also able to set read only on the folder itself, it was kind of a pain at the same time. I was thinking if a video was watched from that folder (or subfolder), it wouldn't show the delete option, maybe just a "go back to recorded tv shows list" Thanks

Re: Recorded shows missing from List

The "read only" feature is on my list... haven't gotten around to it yet... I've been working on a few other things.

Thanks