Recorded TV service stuck in 'Starting' state..

Recorded TV service stuck in 'Starting' state..

Dweller
Hi.. noticed some newly recorded episodes were not showing up, checked the settings app that reported the service as Working... checked the services.msc console, showed the service as 'Starting...' tried stopping the service from the app, it stuck on Stopping, no messages.. services.msc console showed the service as 'Stopping..' service didn't stop.. killed off the RecordedTVHDService process, service showed as Stopped in the services console.. tried to start the service from the console, it sat in Starting for a long while, then reported the Service failed to start..  (app in background meanwhile declared the service to have started.).. tried to stop service, same issue, killed the process, tried NET START "Recorded TV HD Service" which sat for a while, then declared "the service failed to start, and did not report an error."

Any ideas / places to check logs to see why it may not be starting.. ??

Re: Recorded TV service stuck in 'Starting' state..

In order to try to fix the problem with new episodes not showing correctly I tried to remove all threading from the service.  It will take a very long time to start the service because it has to scan through all files (especially if you have a lot of files in the watched directories).  In your estimation, how long was it in "Starting..."?

If you try to start it from the services msc it will tell you that it did not respond in a reasonable amount of time.  It should still be processing though.

I may change it back if I find that it doesn't make a difference to the issue I described above.

Re: Recorded TV service stuck in 'Starting' state..

Dweller
Hmm.. I didn't give it more than a few minutes while I waited.. I've got a LOT of tv for it to index..

Just checked it, as I left it starting.. and it's now started =) (so sometime in the last half hour or so)

The missing episodes are still missing..

The episodes concerned are from Body of Proof.. (or, possibly "Body Of Proof" !) there's only the one entry for the series listed in the series override panel, but when I view via the episode override panel the episodes are there, listed under two versions of the name, including the episodes missing via the wmc ui. The key difference seems to be that the missing episodes are from SeriesName Body of Proof, with a lowercase 'o', the episodes visible are from Body Of Proof, with an uppercase..

Curiouser and curiouser said Alice.

Re: Recorded TV service stuck in 'Starting' state..

Could you possibly send me "C:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD\database\RecordedTVHDdb.s3db" to support@recordedtvhd.com

I'd like to take a look at your database.

Re: Recorded TV service stuck in 'Starting' state..

neil
I have the same problem with the same program 'body of proof'

Re: Recorded TV service stuck in 'Starting' state..

What problem exactly is that? Just want to make sure I understand correctly.

Sorry, I have recorded 7 or so ‘Body of Proof’ it highlights 7 episodes are recorded on the root, only one episode is displayed once I enter the series sub menu. I hope this helps?

Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2012 9:29 PM
Subject: Re: Recorded TV service stuck in 'Starting' state..

What problem exactly is that? Just want to make sure I understand correctly.

http://recorded-tv-hd-forum.1045789.n5.nabble.com/Recorded-TV-service-stuck-in-Starting-state-tp5152652p5529279.html
To unsubscribe from Recorded TV service stuck in 'Starting' state.., click here.
NAML