Recorded TV on server which sleeps

poissony
I have my recorded tv on a WHS which goes to standby when not in use. I have MCE setup so that when I start the MCE interface it sends a magic packet to wake up the WHS. This takes some time before it is fully up and available and I've noticed that recorded tv hd never shows all the recorded tv on the WHS only some.

Is recorded tv hd scanning the location of the recorded tv for changes all the time? Is there a way to change how often it scans?

Re: Recorded TV on server which sleeps

Yes, Recorded TV HD will periodically scan all locations and if a file does not exist (or when the network location is not available) it will remove the file from the database and then when it is reconnected it will add it back.

I suppose I could have it check for reconnected network locations more frequently or give an option for that.  Is that what you are asking for?

Re: Recorded TV on server which sleeps

poissony
I guess what I need is for recordedtvhd to not alter the database if the location is not reachable.

Re: Recorded TV on server which sleeps

Please try out the latest beta.  I've changed it to the behavior you suggested.  If a network location is not available it will not remove the episode(s) from the database. I have done limited testing with this and would appreciate it if you helped me test asap to make sure this is working as intended .  Thanks!

Latest beta info and download

Re: Recorded TV on server which sleeps

poissony
Thanks very much for this.

I've done some brief testing and the database has remained intact after MCE and WHS have gone into standby. I'll let you know if I have any problems.