Recorded TV not updating

jagrime2
This post was updated on .
In the last few days Recorded TV listings have not refreshed -- last program that shows up is Game of Thrones from Sunday at 10pm.  All other TV shows and movies prior to that show up.  I thought that maybe shows were re-runs and not recording, however upon further inspection the shows have been recording and show up in the WMC recorded tv listings, just not in Recorded TV.  These are shows I have been watching some have other episodes showing up and others I have deleted so the shows aren't listed.  I can see in the guide that shows are recording but they don't show up in the listings.  The other thing I have noticed is that when I delete (recycle) shows they are not removed from the listing immediately.  If it matters I watch all tv though XBOX 360 extenders that pull off a HTPC running Win 7.  Also we had a power outage that may have coincided with this problem, however everything on the computer seems to be working so I am not sure what may have gone wrong that would impact the program (as it is still functioning for the most part).

I've only been using Recorded TV for a couple of months, so I am new to the forum.  I saw a few posts with possibly similar situations but no fix so sorry if I am reposting something that has been addressed previously.

Re: Recorded TV not updating

Beaker1024
What version are you using?  I highly suggest using the latest version on the Alpha channel.  It has alot of improvements and has been as stable as the latest full release or beta version but with alot of bug fixes!

Re: Recorded TV not updating

TheMayor
I'm in the same boat (& using the latest alpha) that I have a bunch of shows that are also not updating.  When I look at the event viewer under errors I show:

Log Name:      Application
Source:        RecordedTVHDService
Date:          5/8/2013 5:21:33 PM
Event ID:      0
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Abort due to constraint violation
column FileLocation is not unique   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Reset(SQLiteStatement stmt)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Step(SQLiteStatement stmt)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader..ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
   at RecordedTVHDService.Service1.CheckOtherFileAndAddMetadata(String FileLocation, SQLiteConnection sql_con)
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="RecordedTVHDService" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">0</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <EventRecordID>4837</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>TV-PC</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>Abort due to constraint violation
column FileLocation is not unique   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Reset(SQLiteStatement stmt)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Step(SQLiteStatement stmt)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader..ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
   at RecordedTVHDService.Service1.CheckOtherFileAndAddMetadata(String FileLocation, SQLiteConnection sql_con)</Data>
  </EventData>

Date:          5/8/2013 5:15:37 PM
Event ID:      0
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
The database file is locked
database is locked   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Step(SQLiteStatement stmt)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader..ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
   at RecordedTVHDService.Service1.CheckFileAndAddMetadata(String FilePath, SQLiteConnection sql_con)
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="RecordedTVHDService" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">0</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <EventRecordID>4836</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>TV-PC</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>The database file is locked
database is locked   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Step(SQLiteStatement stmt)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader..ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
   at RecordedTVHDService.Service1.CheckFileAndAddMetadata(String FilePath, SQLiteConnection sql_con)</Data>

Date:          5/8/2013 5:04:30 PM
Event ID:      0
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Cannot set CommandText while a DataReader is active   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.set_CommandText(String value)
   at RecordedTVHDService.Service1.CheckFileAndAddMetadata(String FilePath, SQLiteConnection sql_con)
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="RecordedTVHDService" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">0</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <EventRecordID>4833</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>TV-PC</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>Cannot set CommandText while a DataReader is active   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.set_CommandText(String value)
   at RecordedTVHDService.Service1.CheckFileAndAddMetadata(String FilePath, SQLiteConnection sql_con)</Data>
  </EventData>

Re: Recorded TV not updating

LanceWebb
I also having issues maybe once a week where I have to stop and restart the RTVHD services to get new recording to refresh.  -  Alpha v1.7.28

Re: Recorded TV not updating

Beaker1024
I just had a big batch of unidentified files get incorrectly assigned.  I can't blame RTVHD much and thought the files would always be unidentified as they were "bloopers" and behind the scene short clips that weren't *.wtv files but *.avi.

But something did happen and it just suddenly (after many months) incorrectly identified them.  Maybe the TVShow website database had something added that was close to the file title to match?

This forum has been relatively quite lately.  I hope things can still progress for this add-in as it's the only product that makes "recorded TV" on MCE not only useable but enjoyable!  It would be great to see a version 2.0

[running: v1.7.28 alpha]