Recorded TV date after conversion from WTV to MP4

Recorded TV date after conversion from WTV to MP4

ljgoho4it
So great product - really fills in a gap!

I have a recent concern where when I convert files from WTV to MP4 using MCEBuddy - the "recorded tv date" is no longer registered and the "original air date" is used.

Example Scenario:

"I record show "Modern Family"  and it shows up in the "recorded tv" filtered by date, show recorded on Wednesday 12/11/2013, 8:00-8:31pm (and shows as such) with original air date as 6/10/2010, 7:30-8:00PM.

After conversion - the show will vanish from "recorded tv" on Wednesday 12/11. Scrolling down a lot - it will now show up on 6/10/2010."

I'm assuming this is because of file format - the WTV's meta data is being read. When converted to MP4 the date recorded is dropped some how and the original air date is used.

The only work around I can see for now is not to do conversion for say 2 weeks to allow a some history. This is not ideal - but only thing I can think of.

any other options?

thanks for any response - again great product makes WMC usable!

Re: Recorded TV date after conversion from WTV to MP4

dbailey75
I might suggest you use Mymovies or media browswer classic in conjunction with RTHD,  I'm assuming your converting to MKV for keeps, if so you can then use one of the above mentioned media library's for browsing permanently stored files.  you could point MCbuddy to a different folder for the output file,  MCbuddy includes a file renaming convention, with pulls the show and episode data from thetvdb.com, so it should be pickud up correctly by mymovies or mediabrowser.

Just an idea.